Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, June 05, 2006

That Fresh, Tingly, Clean Feeling

I hope that I'm not the only idiot that has ever done this. And if I am, then it's on record here in Shaken Not Stirred.

The other day, I washed my face and then put astrigent on it. Yes, I'm one of those people who is obsessed with keeping acne, blemishes and grime off my face. My medical school roommate called me a product whore because of some of the astrigents, shaving cream, and cooling toners that took up space in the bathroom. So anyway, I washed my face and then applied astringent. The running water must have triggered a psychological need to pee because no sooner had I tossed the cotton ball into the toilet that I had to urinate.

There must have been a little bit of the ALCOHOL based astringent left on my fingers cause as I tucked myself away, I felt a little bit of tingling. Not anything strong or painful, but the same kind of tingling your lips feel when you pop an Altoid in your mouth. Only this tingling didn't disspate over time. It just got more annoying and TINGLY.

I knew immediately what had happend. Memory had served me well. You see it wasn't the first time I had exposed myself to that tingly feeling. When I was going thru puberty and had gotten my first cologne set (Polo--Ralph Lauren), I for some unknown reason sprayed myself down there before a school dance. Why I had the notion to spray myself there, I don't know. I didn't have my license, so whoever I danced with would have to ride home with me and my parents. I think if I remember correctly no one had a date to this dance, my class just went together as one big group. And why would a twelve year old girl be anywhere near my tighty whities (I hadn't discovered boxer shorts yet).

So yes, it was the second time I experienced the tingly feeling. And hopefully it will be the last, if my clumsy self can help it.

24 Comments:

  • I think we all know why you sprayed cologne down there ;-)

    By Blogger missy, at 11:09 AM  

  • I have been an active runner for 17 years and occasionaly I get muscle pains in my legs. Once recently I had pain in the upper part of my leg towards the inside. I put icy hot on it thinking I was going to be going to bed soon. Then I had to help move something for my daughter. I moved in such a way that my "parts" came in contact with the icy hot and it was not a good moment.

    By Blogger Metal Mark, at 3:55 PM  

  • OMG Angel... you had me crying here at work with this post. Like Missy said, we all know WHY you sprayed cologne down there.. hahaha. You probably saw it in a movie, right? ;)

    I've eaten a jalapeno and wiped my eyes (which burned like crazy) but that's about the extent of my mishaps. Oh wait, once I accidentally got mace on my finger because I was playing with the trigger. I rubbed my eye while driving and had to go into a gas station with one eye closed to flush it out.. embarassing, but yours is still funnier!

    By Blogger SK, at 4:23 PM  

  • That is exactly why I have my boyfriend brush his teeth and tongue really good after eating hot wings or mexican salsa! ;p

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 4:25 PM  

  • OHHH....thats no good. I CANT believe you use alcohol based products on your face!!! I am also a product whore...i could spend hours in the drugstore.

    By Blogger Princess Pessimism, at 4:48 PM  

  • Admit it angel,"What a Feeling."
    I accidentally sprayed some
    cleaning fluid in my eyes the
    other day.Luckily i had on my glasses,or it would have been
    a 911 situation.lol

    By Blogger Michele, at 4:48 PM  

  • Angel ... erhem !!! Sorry, that was very funny. Are you "hooked on the feeling" !?!?!
    Have a great day, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 6:25 PM  

  • At least you shouldn't have to worry about acne down there.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 7:23 PM  

  • He he. They actually make a special cream for girls so that we can have that tingly feeling..but you have to buy it at the naughty stores.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 7:28 PM  

  • Not quite like that warming stuff, huh?

    By Blogger Chick, at 11:29 PM  

  • After all the mass in the universe is converted into salt, you will not be concerned with such things.

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 9:26 AM  

  • So, that's why my parents told me to wash my hands for thirty seconds. Lol.

    By Blogger Grant, at 1:45 PM  

  • I did the same thing, but with muscle ointment...the kind that smells like Ben Gay. It more than tingled.

    We're talking 5 alarm fire.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 11:04 PM  

  • OMG, you are KILLING ME!!!! want me to have a look? i'm a professional after all.....

    m

    By Blogger mollymcmo, at 11:42 PM  

  • Product whore...hahahaha!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:19 AM  

  • haha nothing wrong with trying to smell fresh down there. haha

    By Blogger j, at 3:16 AM  

  • WOAH!!

    That is too funny.

    So Mr. Frisky got a taste of cologne hey?

    hahahahahah.

    By Blogger Cari, at 8:30 AM  

  • I thought I was the only one on the earth who experienced the numb and stingy
    thank you for joining me.

    By Blogger LBseahag, at 10:07 PM  

  • He he. No you are not the only one. I did this a few times when I was much younger on first dates (I never said that)

    cheers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 AM  

  • How do you comment to this one? Ha Ha.

    By Blogger Lucy Stern, at 6:44 AM  

  • i am with Missy. WE KNOW.
    it would have been worse if you had chopped chillies first instead of applying astrigent. Consider yourself lucky :)

    By Blogger x, at 3:21 AM  

  • Oh Shit !
    i always tot only females are angels

    i chased the rong angel

    By Blogger Jim, at 7:43 PM  

  • You always have the most interesting posts!

    By Blogger mkecurler, at 10:48 PM  

  • Dude, if you odn't like that sensation you are missing out. Two words: Gold Bonds. (or is that one) If that fails, washint it with Tea Tree shampoo is also wqite refreshing.

    By Blogger White Dade, at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home