Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Home

One of my favorite albums right now is Daughtry! Okay, don't judge me. I know it's American Idol--but those of you that have been reading my blog for awhile know that I love the Idols and have almost all their albums. Well, I don't have Katharine McPhees and I don't think I'm going to be buying it. But I do have everyone else who has been on Idol and have made albums. Anyway, Daughtry has been getting a lot of play on my CD player and iPod. Not as much as Josh Tuner (yes, I've kept mostly to my favorite genre of country), but a good amount of play.

Anyway, I came back to Charleston (YIPEE) a few days ago, but I'm leaving again before the weekend. My medical school buddies and I are making the trek down to Houston, Texas to take the clinical skills exam!! It's the live part of the examination. I came home for my father's birthday party and also to visit my nephews and nieces. I hate having to leave after less then a week, but so goes life!! I won't even get to visit all my friends--our schedules I'm sure will collide.

Anyway, back to Daughtry's song "Home". Great tune!! I played it as I was crossing thru the East River Tunnel. I usually play John Denver's tune, which reminds me of our awesome Mountaineers and my alma mater West Virginia University. However, the CD was not in my player--it was bumped for Daughtry, Kellie Pickler, Taylor Hicks, Josh Turner, Rascal Flatts and The Fray. Yes, I know quite an eclectic and weird combination of music.

I remember all the years when my family would go on vacations, coming thru those tunnels and feeling such a sense of home as my brother, sister and I saw the "Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia" welcome sign. My brother being the little freak that he was, would always stretch backwards, placing his hand against the back window and scream, "I'm the last one home"!!!

It feels so good to be back. And I've gotten some rest and relaxation. Just so sad that it's so short. I'm making another cross country trek with my fellow med school friends in a few days.

27 Comments:

  • I LOVE Daughtry! I can't get enough of *Home* either - I burned the entire CD when it came out!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:28 PM  

  • So who is your all time favorite idol? :)

    By Blogger Trixie, at 8:01 PM  

  • I actually like Daughtry...I'll admit it too. But, I haven't really watched Idol since the first season when my girl Kelly won. What is that, like, 6 years ago? Man...

    By Blogger Katie, at 8:31 PM  

  • I am so out of touch with the current music scene its not funny.
    I dont bother much with AI although it is on right now.

    By Blogger Pixie, at 8:52 PM  

  • vvWhat's wrong with Katherine McPhee? Was I the only person who actually liked her?

    Going home is always good. Just think... by leaving again so soon, you get to come home twice in one month!

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 9:06 PM  

  • Daughtry's album rocks. He was the most un-Idol contestant of all. And the best artist that has ever graced the show.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 9:52 PM  

  • That Daughtry song is good, I like it. Did you buy the Rueben album?

    I bet you dance to it. Admit it.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 10:14 PM  

  • There is nothing like that feeling of "coming home again".

    As soon as you hit that "spot", that "highway" the feeling of home comes over us...

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 10:37 PM  

  • I bought that album too, I had no idea it was Am. Idol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:58 PM  

  • First off good luck on your tests!

    we have a lot in common music wise I love country music, and I love american idol!

    I have kelly Clarkson's breakaway, and Carrie's album, oh and Josh Gracin's. But that's it. I was never a fan of Chris but I like that song that plays this year when idols get the boot. Josh Turner is Awesome btw!

    By Blogger Phats, at 1:34 AM  

  • Definitely enjoy the break, with all the hard work you've been doing you need time off, or else you'd turn psycho. Granted, that would change your blog posts a bit, but I'd rather that didn't happen. ;)

    By Blogger Walter, at 9:21 AM  

  • oh i love chris daughtry. i tried getting tickets to his show, but they were sold out ON CONTACT. shit. i did get tickets to the fray though this summer.
    glad you had a good time with your buddies!

    will you purchase sanjaya's album when it comes out?

    By Blogger megabrooke, at 10:10 AM  

  • tkkerouac said...
    PLEASE COME LEAVE YOUR BLOG NAME AND URL, IF YOU WOULD BE LIKE TO BE LINKED UNDER MOMTHEMINX.

    By Blogger tkkerouac, at 10:43 AM  

  • Safe travels, good luck on your exams, and enjoy your time at home.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 3:19 PM  

  • I love Chris Daughtry!!!

    I've been meaning to buy his album...so it's good?

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 7:52 PM  

  • I like a lot of that music that you listed, but then again, I have been told that I have an odd interest in music because I like so many different styles.
    It is a good thing.

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 10:12 PM  

  • That's actually a really good strategy to get home last.

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 11:34 PM  

  • You should listen to more Prong and Faith No More.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 PM  

  • At the moment, I am really into Polyphonic Spree!

    Enjoy the trek! x

    By Blogger missy, at 4:38 PM  

  • Kick some butt! Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:02 PM  

  • Yay for RnR...and no judgement on the Idol thing here, I love plenty of em!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 9:22 AM  

  • Almost all? Does that include even Hung??

    I have fond memories of the WV Turnpike and the tunnels. How the hills and mountains rose up high above the highway almost like a canyon. That's one of the best memories I have of the state in fact.

    By Blogger Eric, at 4:56 PM  

  • I live in Houston. Good luck on your tests, I hope you pass with flying bolors... Are you going to be down in the Medical Center?

    By Blogger Lucy Stern, at 12:28 AM  

  • How did you do on your exams?

    By Blogger Cara Bara, at 8:15 AM  

  • Good luck with the exams (or are they over ... how did you do ???)
    TRavel safely, Angel.
    Not sure who Daughtry is ... we haven't got the last season of American Idol, unfortunately.
    Take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 5:41 AM  

  • www.facebook.com

    it's another myspace, but fun-er

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:52 AM  

  • i used to be a big AI fan, i missed it this season though. i really liked bo bice, we don't hear much of him here though.
    i like daughtry too.
    paula abdul is a freak of nature, but still cool in her spaced out way :)

    m

    haha, my word verification is ditry

    By Blogger mollymcmo, at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home