Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back To Normality

Okay, after being pulled in every direction possible, I pulled the most important part of me and I'm now sitting in front of my laptop. Not my trusty laptop which stopped working on me about three weeks ago, but a temporary replacement laptop (although by temporary I mean I'm not satisfied with this purchase, but it's too expensive to just use it as a temporary fix, so has to be permanent and by permanent, I mean until it decides to lose it on me). I'm still not use to this Vista thing--which asks permission to do everything. I'm surprised it allows me to turn it on without asking me for permission to continue turning on.

Between all my family that came down for an Easter reunion (cousins and siblings) there were 17 young-uns who were born from either my siblings or my cousins, all between the ages of 3 mos to 16 years old. There was a 3 mos (1 baby girl), 16 months (two boys born 5 days apart), 3 years old (a pair of twin girls and another girl), 2 four year old(one boy and one girl), a five year old girl, a seven year old boy, two nine year old girls, two 10 year old boys, a 13 year old boy, a 15 year old girl and a 16 year old who thinks he's a grown up man. Lots of children, lots of noise. But I think we grown ups made more noise they all of them put together. That genealogy made me quite dizzy.

The sixteen year old son of my cousin is really cool. I wish I had his personality in high school. I would definitely had a life and probably more to write about on this blog rather than the drivel I make you guys suffer. And the younger kids are so cute. However, it doesn't mean I want any of my own. For the most part after a few hours with them, I was ready for a nap. Come to think of it, while playing with them, I probably drank a couple gallons of Sobe Throttle Energy Drinks and several Red Bulls. I needed the energy.

So this was my last week and a half. I entertained these rug rats. I'm getting exhausted thinking about what to write. The thoughts of chasing them around has brought back vivid memories. I'll write little tidbits every now and then on my experience as the fun uncle.

My

10 Comments:

  • i just got my laptop back after a week in the shop to replace the hard drive. it sucks not having a pc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:39 PM  

  • You are not the only one who is annoyed. Everyone I've read or talked to says Vista is crap.

    I'm holding out for a MacBook.

    By Blogger Eric, at 4:21 PM  

  • And I thought the Mac ad was exaggerating. I'm not going to touch Vista for a couple years if I can help it. Or I'll skip to the platform after this one.

    I know about having the inherent exhaustion of having young ones around, though I don't tackle as many as you in one sitting. Just watching my nieces play has made me tired before now. And living with my nephew is a daily challenge.

    Welcome back to peace and sanity.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 5:45 PM  

  • Vista, LOL.

    It must be pretty cool to have such a large family. It sounds lke it would have been exhausting.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 8:25 PM  

  • how do you find the energy to deal with so many people? and most of them so young? Energy drinks? xx

    By Blogger x, at 2:07 AM  

  • Little kids can drain all your energy out from your feet, that's why they're called "ankle biters". :)

    By Blogger Walter, at 10:17 AM  

  • EverytiMe i see that Mac add I think of Vista asking permission to do just about anything...sad to know it's true...it sounds like you had fun with your family - good times!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 PM  

  • You have a large family.
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun with your neices and nephews....I just know you are an excellent Uncle.

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 10:39 PM  

  • i have been coming back here often and kept seeing that "100 years" post wondering when the heck you were going to write again! i missed your posts. sounds like a nice easter:)

    By Blogger megabrooke, at 4:47 PM  

  • did you make a trip to Long John Silver's? ;)

    By Blogger Trixie, at 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home