Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rip Van Winkle

Did you ever wake up and think it was a day later?

This morning I woke up--sat bolt up in bed (like in the movies, when you see the character sit straight up) and thought, "crap, I am late for work--it's gonna be one of those showerless days". When I grabbed my phone to look at the time and temperature, I then realized it was only Sunday.

I've done this several days this week. During the week, it was waking up at around 4 a.m. thinking it was 8 a.m. and that I should have already been gone.

Nothing new going on. Nothing expectant suppose to happen. Wondering what's going on in subconsciously that makes me feel like I'm late.

4 Comments:

  • I hate when I do that and realize it is Saturday and I don't have to get up early!!

    By Blogger Cara Bara, at 7:47 PM  

  • Hmm...that's one for the psychotherapist.

    I usually do similar stuff when I'm stressed about work. In fact, I had a dream I was late for SCHOOL last night.

    Um, I haven't been in any kind of school is 16 years.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 12:22 PM  

  • haha i have done that too, mostly on holidays like all day today i kept thinking it was Sunday

    By Blogger Phats, at 12:47 AM  

  • Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I woke up at 11:30 once during the school registration week. Panicking, I grabbed my jacket and ran out the door. Halfway to school, I ran back home because I realized I forgot my registration forms. And an hour later, after I finally got to school, I realized that I was a day early to school registration.

    By Anonymous Eric Huang, at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home