Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Companionship

There is a show on National Geographics about mail order brides. This fascinates me, not because I would like to order one, but because I don't think I could ever do this, even if I was uber lonely. I'm still getting to use to the fact that some of my friends have met their significant other on-line, thru some of those advertised dating/match making sites. But so far, it was worked for some of my friends. They have found the love of their lives, and a few have even married them. Happy endings.

I guess it's no different than randomly meeting someone in a bar, meeting someone in class in college or accidentally bumping into someone and knocking a stack of papers out of their hands (yes, I know cheesy). You meet someone on line, you chat awhile, you end up talking and then eventually meeting for dinner and voila, you get married.

It is just a different way to meet someone. In some sense, I'm old fashioned. I still feel like you meet the love of your life while plastered and puking your guts out and having made a complete tool of yourself....

9 Comments:

  • What I do think is different is the country difference, which means a lot as far as culture goes.

    I find it hard to believe that this ever ends in "true" love but i guess you never know.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:23 PM  

  • haha a mail order bride show?! Have you seen that show my strange addiction we love that one.

    We have friends who met on EHarmony and are about to celebrate their 1 yr anniversary. Crazy how online dating has taken over

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:27 PM  

  • you are invited to frollow my blog

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:06 AM  

  • Or just stealing your buddy's girlfriend...

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 5:36 PM  

  • Trouble with mail order brides, is it's rarely an equal partnership.. usually it's the guy who orders some younger and (compared to him) financially destitute girl, and it's she who leaves every vestige of security, her family and friends, to come and live in a country where she may only have a basic grasp of the language of.

    On-line dating is a whole 'nother bag, and with far less risk for everyone involved. In the olden days virtually every village had a marriage broker, this is just a modern equivalent, really!

    By Blogger Shrinky, at 12:51 PM  

  • Mountaineers looked good in game one my friend

    By Blogger Phats, at 10:24 PM  

  • You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower. I didn’t see a follow widget on this site, but if you put one up...I will gladly follow you as well.

    By Blogger Covnitkepr1, at 8:05 PM  

  • you alive? :) hope you're doing well

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:53 PM  

  • I completely agree. Online dating services have never fully gained my respect no matter how many "successful" matches are made.

    By Blogger Saaraa, at 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home