Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

The Immaculate Collection

Recently fellow blogwriter Mondeep, went to a Madonna concert. This inspired me to break out my old Immaculate Collection and listen to it while on the treadmill. Lots of great exercise music. It starts off with Holiday, a great warm-up song. Get's all the juices flowing.

Since there was nothing on television to watch while on the treadmill, I just listened to Madonna's album and used my memory to serve as visual images. Usually I listen to music and have Spike Television as another form of stimulation. Since I was a big Madonna fan at one point in my life, I was able to conjure up the images of her past videos, concert clips and performances. The only video I had some trouble remembering was Vogue--so while this song played, I used the pics that Saritha had shown me of her and Mondeepo--their amature modeling session. Great montage for that song. It worked.

Mondeep had said that Madonna's concert was more tame than it use to be. I think that it's cause she doesn't have to do all the media shocking tactics anymore. She's pretty well respected as an artist. She has lasted thru two decades, and she has a following from all age groups. My niece knows who she is because of her book, "The English Roses". It's one of her favorite books. My parents know who she is because of my many teen posters that use to cover my wall. She is an icon.

Until another thought pops in my head...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home