Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Beautiful Smile

I should have been a dentist. I have a fascination with smiles, especially toothy white smiles. Paula Abdul has an amazingly bright smile--all toothy and her teeth are crisp, cotton, cloud white!!

I am continually obsessed with whitening my teeth. I use Crest Whitening Strips monthly--Premium--whiter teeth in just three days. I refuse to drink coffee or tea, cola an absolute No-No. I brush with Crest Vivid White and rinse with Listerine Whitening Mouthwash. I know this sounds like an advertisement and it's another reason why my roommate to this day calls me a product whore. But it's true, I'm really obsessed with keeping my pearly whites, just that pearly white.

So in continuing with my obsession, I bought an Oral B electric toothbrush. This way I would get the exact amount of brush time recommended by 4 out of 5 dentist. The brush is suppose to get your teeth CLEAN and also massage the gums.

Yikes, was I in for a treat. The brush, I guess still stiff from being new, kinda battered my gums. When I spit out the first round of toothpaste, I noticed the pink in the mix. Freaked me out a little, but what the hey, my gums were feeling good. I continued until the automatic timer on the brush slowed to a stop.

My teeth seemed to gleam. They were shiny. I may not have to get the veneers after all. I'll just beat my gums up three times a day with my new brush.

18 Comments:

  • how odd you are, i am just the tiniest bit aroused, what a clean mouth you must have! YAY for your pearly whites!

    m

    ps.....i gots that tooth brush too :)

    By Blogger mollymcmo, at 12:07 AM  

  • OK, so the lesson we learn from the last two posts is:

    Tingly sensation in mouth, good. Tingly sensation in tighty whities bad.

    I don't even know about your mishaps with mouthwash.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 3:38 AM  

  • Angel i'm obsessed with whitening
    my teeth too.I also bought the
    crest white strips and the new
    listerine whitening rinse.If
    you're going to be obsessed might
    as well be your teeth.

    By Blogger Michele, at 12:22 PM  

  • There is a product that is called "Go Smile" that is sold in some higher end department stores and Sephora. I think you can get it at your dentist too... I've seen it in action. It works great, doesn't use any bleach but only pressurized hydrogen peroxide. The down side is that it isn't cheap. I think the whole kit (including maintenance toothpastes and all) is like $150 BUT it's an 11 month treatment. Not too shabby when you break it down. I'm too scared of all the Crest and other products b/c of the bleach. Aren't you doing away with enamel on your teeth? You might end up with no teeth at all... lol. I use Tom's all natural toothpaste, and my Oral-B electric toothbrush - so far so good.

    By Blogger SK, at 1:31 PM  

  • hey.. i don't see the word "floss" anywhere in this post..

    make sure to floss, flossing beats brushing and rincing... it's uber important....

    maybe that's why your gums bled...
    flossing is good for the gums...

    love
    anne

    By Blogger madame P, at 4:35 PM  

  • If it is that powerful be careful if you carry it around in your front pocket.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 5:31 PM  

  • I am jealous of your crisp, cotton, cloud white teeth :-)
    Mine are crispish, cottonish, cloudish, whitish ...

    By Blogger Wriju, at 5:37 PM  

  • That Ross episode was hilarious! Yeah don't overdo it--you might end up like him!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:40 AM  

  • :)

    By Blogger Devilish Angel, at 2:13 AM  

  • 1) Do those white strips make your teeth extra sensative? I have a whole box at home and am afraid to use them

    2) Sonicare, bro. Don't you know 'bout SOnicare. The only way to fly.

    3) Brushing manually gives me bloddy gums. The electric makes sure you don't bursh too hard. Welcome to the 21st centure angel.

    4) oyu live in West Virginia. The fact that you even HAVE teeth gives you a better smile than 90% of the population.

    By Blogger White Dade, at 1:55 PM  

  • Come on Angel, post a picture of your pearly whites ... you don't have to show the rest of your face if you don't want to ... just your lovely teeth that you are proudly telling us about !!! Congratulations, by the way, for being so good with your teeth. You should feel proud.
    Take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 8:10 PM  

  • Show us your whites!

    So you mean if I use whitestrips I have to give up pop? Damn...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM  

  • That is interesting. So maybe you can answer a question I have so that I won't have to discover this on my own....does all of that whitening stuff make your teeth sensitive? I have heard that it does.
    I love a beautiful white smile too. I bet yours is beautiful.

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 1:40 AM  

  • I love beautiful teeth too. They can really make a face seem more incredible.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 6:55 PM  

  • Do you brush your teeth after cunnilingus?

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 10:57 PM  

  • Do those strips actually help ???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 AM  

  • I saw a TV documentary on people addicted to whitening and brushing their teeth. Be careful you don't scrub the enamel right off!

    Hey - I'm going to be in your city in two weeks.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 6:26 PM  

  • wow...for a second I almost went to myspace to get your pic so I could tongue kiss my monitor...

    By Blogger LBseahag, at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home