Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, July 17, 2006

Someone has Got It Going On

The passengers I sat with on my flight back were much better than the first two. I actually was amazed at their conversation.

The two were actually not together before the flight started. I got the aisle seat--thank goodness. I like either an aisle seat or the window seat. I prefer the aisle seat since I like to stretch and I also like to relax towards the aisle so as not to lean on some stranger, or fall asleep on someone's shoulders.

Some pretty hot chick had the middle seat. She was fidgeting with her iPod. She said hello as I sat down and told me she had taken the pillow from my seat because her seat didn't have one (and neither did the window seat). In her apology, I detected a European accent. Of course I said it was okay. She was first of all a chick (and I pride myself on being chivalrous) and secondly she was a HOT European chick!!!! Not only hot but she was polite. I could tell by the way she talked to some of her friends on the phone and the way she used her please and thank yous to the stewardess.

At the last minute a guy excused himself and made his way towards our window seat. He sat down, eyed the hot European chicks iPod and said "Is there any Hasslehoff in there?". He said it with a grin, and I know he had heard her accent, thus prompting the question. The mention of Hasslehoff immediately made me miss Mr. Shifely. But every now and then Mr. Shifely does update his blog with some Hoff sitings. Anyway, the girl laughed and said "No Way". And so began their amazing conversation.

First off as they engaged in more heavy conversation, I could feel the guy peer over at me reading my book. He asked if I was bothered by them. Since their volumes were just above a whisper and because he asked, I told him no. I wanted to say that I was actually amused that the level had gone beyond the typical weather ramgling-plane seat-between-two-strangers conversation. He said to let him know when I was being inconvenienced.

In between chapters, I caught tidbits of their conversation. They talked about European politics vs United States government. They talked about their best friends and other countries they had visited. He talked about someone he had recently broke up with and she talked about a long distance relationship that didn't work out because of the ocean in between.

I fell asleep because it was the red eye flight. I woke up because of turbulance. I could hear them still whispering to each other. The pillow and blanket that the chick had asked me for was now covering me and the pillow tucked beneath my head. I found it amazing that after three hours they were still engaged in conversation.

When we finally landed on the east coast, I thanked her for putting the blanket on me. She told me that I looked cold and it was no problem. He said he hoped that they didn't keep me up.

As the plane started to taxi, he asked her for a cell number, which she gave. She asked him for his and he said he had written his already in the book she was going to read. She smiled.

I heard him whisper, it's going to be amazing going on our second date. She asked when did they go on their first. He said the night before.

I can't make this shit up!!! Opinions? I liked it and thought it very Lifetime Television for Women/Meg Ryan in the 90's.

19 Comments:

  • Thats kinda cool actually. I mean, if you believe in the whole fate thing...What if they're meant to be, and end up getting married....

    You dont know it, but you may have just witnessed fate...So romantic.

    By Blogger Princess Pessimism, at 9:43 PM  

  • Wow, that is sooo cool. Like a romantic movie, kind of !! It was obviously meant to be.
    Much nicer flight home for you, anyway !!
    Take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 10:31 PM  

  • Wow, that is cool! You are right, most airplane conversation is minimal.
    Once, I did have a guy next to me that kept talking everytime it got quiet. Then he rushed to catch up to me on the way to baggage, where I met up with my boyfriend that was waiting on me!

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 11:49 PM  

  • Since cool has been used, I'll say wowie! How sweet that she covered you up.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:34 AM  

  • that's romantic comedy stuff... it never happens in real life :) You shoulda ploughed in there, buddy - maybe you could've been the one to go on an awesome second date with her!

    By Blogger Karen Little, at 3:55 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Karen Little, at 3:55 AM  

  • I think it was incredibly sweet of her to put the blanket on you and the pillow under your head. I agree with the others, you should have talked to her more from the beginning and who knows where you would be now? Then again, I believe everything happens for a reason so maybe your romantic tale is just around the corner.. ;P

    By Blogger SK, at 9:55 AM  

  • eeeehhh... i give them 3 dates tops!!! hahahahahah

    By Blogger madame P, at 10:36 AM  

  • The line that guy gave has to be the cheesiest ever. Maybe he got lucky due to the power of The Hoff.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 11:24 AM  

  • When good weird stuff like that happens, it always happens to other people. When weird stuff happens to you, it's much worse.

    For example, yesterday, I walked half a mile to change batteries in a T.V. remote. Weird? You bet it was!

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 11:34 AM  

  • you witnessed the beginning of a great romance!

    By Blogger x, at 4:33 PM  

  • Wow, Angel. I almost want to do a whole post on the ridiculousness of this situation...

    1. Hot girls get NOTHING from me. Too many people give things to pretty girls just because they are pretty and I'm sick of it. And it looks like this girl thought she could just up and take your shit because she was cute. My response: "Actually, no I was planning on sleeping, If you'd like one ask the stewradess." But I tihnk you may be a nicer person than me.

    2. "Any Hasselhoff on there?" Are you fraking kidding me? That is the LAMEST line ever. EVER. How insulting. If I were that girl I'd have been appalled by his lameness and upped the volume on my iPod tenfold. That guy is a DORK.

    3. Guys who pick women up on planes are inherantly losers anyway. Especially guys who try and pick of poreign women on the way back form Las Vagas. I'm guesing 90% of what this guy told her was BS trying to get a litle mile-high action or at least a second date.

    4. I had a similar thing (guy blatantly hitting on foreign girl next to me on a plane) a few year ago on a flight to Ft. Lauderdale. I just kept thinking how pathertic and woefully hopeful this guy was. Again, perhaps you are not a jaded as I.

    By Blogger White Dade, at 4:55 PM  

  • Great post! Love it! Reminds me of my first "date" with a complete stranger who is now turning out to be the love of my life.. Our first "date" lasted three days,over the phone. We continued w/ daily 4 & 5 hour conversations (w/ texts & ims thrown in for good measure)until we could finally meet face to face six weeks later. : ) BTW, I generally HATE the phone as a rule- so THIS was incredibly uncharacteristic of me!Stranger things have happened, right?
    ~Fab ; ) ~

    By Blogger Officially Fabulous, at 11:55 PM  

  • :p fuzzbox said:

    "The line that guy gave has to be the cheesiest ever. Maybe he got lucky due to the power of The Hoff."

    I'm so with you, Fuzzbox - what the hell was that?!? Sweet?! BAH.

    By Blogger ziggystardust73, at 6:03 AM  

  • Too bad u didn't get the hot euro girls number....

    he should be happy u a r a nice guy and stepped outta the way.

    By Blogger Cari, at 8:08 AM  

  • I'm with Fuzz--that's a very cheesy line. But you can't argue with what works!

    -- david

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 9:56 AM  

  • Awww... that IS like a Meg Ryan film before she got fish lips!!

    I miss Mr Shifely as well. So many bloggers are saying good bye now. I'm tempted to join the exit parade with all this paper work I need to do.

    Did you have a good trip?

    missy xx

    By Blogger missy, at 6:04 AM  

  • ...........Til the ugly divorce and stalking episodes that follow years later.

    No I am NOT jaded goddamn it!

    (Leave it to me to ruin a romantic story!)

    By Blogger twolf1920, at 2:29 PM  

  • AWWW!!!!

    That's brilliant.

    Stuff like that happens to me, too...but hasn't ended in 'happy ever after' (yet!)

    By Blogger Tai, at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home