Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Rested and Relaxed


I don't even think that the title of this post constitutes proper grammar, but it's how I feel right now. I didn't relax too much. I spent a lot of time doing some light reading, but I also got to throw in a novel and some bonding with my cousins.

My cousin Matt brought his college buddies with him and they had lots of fun playing beer drinking games. I got quite a collection of pictures for future bribery.

Here's a picture, taken from the second story balcony of my Aunt's home. In the background you can see the ocean. The small strip of land (island) is the only barracade separating them from the open sea. My uncle and aunt bought this property in the early 80's (or 70's)-I wrote about the renovations in an earlier post. They said over the years, more homes have been built and they are afraid that in the near future, so many homes will be built that it will eventually obstruct their view.

I'm a little tired right now. I'm getting ready to go to bed, I've got a long drive tomorrow. I will write about tropical storm Ernesto scaring me (when I arrived on Thursday).

21 Comments:

  • Lucky to get such a good property! It must cost a fortune to buy near the coast.

    By Blogger missy, at 3:09 PM  

  • Relaxing does us so much good. It's too bad I have to go back to work tomorrow. :o(

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 5:34 PM  

  • How nice to be relaxed and rested. Guess you have some busy-ness ahead of you. Drive safely, take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 9:32 PM  

  • A very nice view. IT's where I'd sit with my morning coffee every morning--except the mornings when there's a tropical storm passing by.

    I'm glad you made it thorugh in one piece.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 10:37 PM  

  • Very nice photo. Hope all is well :)

    By Blogger mkecurler, at 12:09 AM  

  • Wow. That looks like an awesome place to get a little r&r.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 10:24 AM  

  • Looks incredibly beautiful. Hopefully the storm didn't do too much damage.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 10:47 AM  

  • Posting pictures now, are we? Outstanding. Welcome to 2006.

    By Blogger White Dade, at 4:05 PM  

  • That does look very relaxing. And resting.

    -- david

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 7:30 PM  

  • hey kuya,
    i hope you're getting enough rest. if you're still awake, should we write you a story to help you get to sleep?

    -Walter M.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:22 PM  

  • That is a beautiful picture
    (sigh)
    i wish i was on that boat!:)

    By Blogger sophie, at 12:28 PM  

  • At least the hurricanes weren't that bad this year.

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 2:09 PM  

  • Such a luxury.. to be relaxed and rested, and tired at the same time.. Delicious feeling, that!

    By Blogger How do we know, at 3:35 PM  

  • love the view, sounds like some great time away to rest and relax, i'm jealous, need a vacation, why didn't you take me with you?!

    m

    By Blogger mollymcmo, at 10:32 AM  

  • Glad you had a relaxing time.
    Back to the real world now! :)

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 9:16 PM  

  • Lovely stuff. It's nice to rest up and chill out. I have yet to do that. I envy you.

    By Blogger Christopher D. Bate, at 1:58 AM  

  • Hi Angel, it's Saturday here, just wanting to wish you a happy weekend. Take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 7:09 PM  

  • take care! damn tropical storms

    By Blogger rabsteen, at 12:17 AM  

  • obstructed views suck, at least they got to see the ocean for 25 years!

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 11:31 AM  

  • Am so envious. Wish I could be just as rested and relaxed...

    By Blogger Wriju, at 2:30 AM  

  • Thats a gorgeous view...too bad people are going to build across from them and block it.

    By Blogger Princess Pessimism, at 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home