Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Must Have Bumped It In My Sleep

I think I may have bumped my head at night or I've got an idiopathic subarachnoid bleed. Let me explain...

The other morning I had the Megan Mullally show on in the background while I was going through my morning routine. I prepare breakfast--rather I nuke breakfast from a box or from some frozen concoction. I also make sure all the right books and notebooks are in my bookbag. Anyway, the volume wasn't on loud enough for me to hear who she was interviewing or introducing. When I looked up from my breakfast bowl and vitamin, someone was on stage dancing/singing, so I turned up the volume and continued to eat my nuked breakfast. It was a rap/hip-hop song and it was catchy, so I turned up the volume a little more. My buddy who was also getting his books together and stuffing his computer into his back-pack asked "Who's that?" and then when on to say it was catchy. I told him I wasn't sure, until I looked up and saw K-Fed prancing around the stage. Gone were his dread-locks or corn-rows. But I would recgonize that "I'm famous because of certain-circumstances and riding the coat-tails of my wife shit-eating grin".

I can't believe that I actually thought something he created could be catchy and not awful, ridiculous or even comedic at best. It was alright. I'm not going to go out and buy the album, nor even down-load the song from iTunes, but it was actually alright for his first try. What the heck is wrong with me? How did my taste for music deteriorate? This makes me question my very ecclectic taste in music. My iPod contains anything from Rascal Flatts "Me and My Gang" to Fergie's "London Bridge". But still, a taste for K-Fed?

Maybe in tonight I'll sleep closer to the edge of the bed and reverse the bump.

19 Comments:

  • Hee. K-Fed is evil, man. But he's making catchy tunes now? I'll keep an ear out.

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 11:29 AM  

  • Why that's raw talent! Come on think back to "Baby's Got Back" days...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 PM  

  • Let me know how the reverse bumping goes!!! ;)

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 1:27 PM  

  • I sugest surgery with a rusty scalpel (that probably isn't spet right, but the dictionary is more than an arms length away, and I'm feeling lazy this morning My coffee on the other hand, is about a half a foot away from my elbow. Perfect.)

    OK, I did look it up. Apparently, I'm not so lazy that I can knowingly spell a word wrong and let it slide.

    If surgery isn't an option for you, I suggest immersing yourself in an HMV or whichever CD store lies closest to your current position.

    (and don't be too proud of KFed. I'm sure he didn't write the song or play any of the music, so is just performing the fruits of someone else's labour. Just like any other trained monkey.)

    And may I suggest a little Booker T and the MGs for a little musical refreshment on the way to to the store?

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 2:57 PM  

  • there is always a crack in
    our cosmos...

    or music rotations:)

    By Blogger sophie, at 3:10 PM  

  • I try not to prejudge music by the artist or group. If you like it you like it. Go K-Fed (he was on wrestling a couple weeks back and he made me laugh!)

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 5:11 PM  

  • K-Fed looks like he's trying to hard to be a gangsta'. And people are giving him credit for it!

    By Blogger sassyglass, at 6:16 PM  

  • Sorry...but there's no cure for what you must have.

    K-Fed?! Nope...no cure.

    By Blogger Chick, at 11:30 PM  

  • The Megan Mullay show? K-Fed?

    There are so many reasons to hate this post. ;)

    Steve~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:07 AM  

  • I get awkward stares fro mmy husband when I dance to the Budweiser Select commercial...It's catchy.

    By Blogger Alicia, at 1:37 PM  

  • K fed is hot, i would so do him (uggggg!!!! LOL!)
    i do enjoy gossip about him though :)

    lose control, with a little bit of rock and roll......yes, i've seen it a couple times LOL!

    the video is on youtube, its, well its classic kfed.

    m

    By Blogger mollymcmo, at 8:56 PM  

  • what song angel?

    he was better than vanilla ice right?

    By Blogger Cari, at 3:22 AM  

  • i think its an anuerism...

    k-fed is actually good, i heard it too! lucky for him, he has an ounce of talent!

    By Blogger LBseahag, at 11:24 AM  

  • Yeah, but would you believe he got booed offstage at his OWN CD release party?

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 4:12 PM  

  • I've heard about his new album and I'm staying as far away as possible from it.....Yek!

    By Blogger Lucy Stern, at 9:02 AM  

  • K-Fed's producers know those subliminal beats are catchy and stuff. There's a real science to creating a song that hooks you.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 6:15 PM  

  • Hahahaha ... sooo, did you get another bump on your head !!!!
    Hope you have a great week.
    Take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 9:48 PM  

  • Yes, this might have been something you should have kept to yourself. Oh well nobody is perfect. Just shake it off Angel and pretend it never happened.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

  • Lately I've been listening to some very chessy euro-disco type music and liking it very much. What's wrong with my brain?

    Sigh...so you see, it's no reflection on you as a person. I think we may all be slightly embarrassed at our musical tastes occasionally. Okay, well at least I am. :)

    By Blogger Spider Girl, at 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home