Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, April 20, 2007

Can't Get Over It

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Virginia Tech event. I still can't fathom what would drive a person to that point of insanity, the point where they no longer value a human life. I wonder what kind of darkness was in their soul, their hearts, their minds.

When news clips show the victims, their names, their faces, clips of their lives as people, I have to swallow saliva to keep from choking on my sorrow. Hearing their names brings the loss to the forefront of my mind. Testimonials from fellow friends, neighbors, classmates, and other students makes my eyes well up with tears. Yes, to me they were strangers, but to someone else they were a brother, sister, friend, classmate, neighbor. You name it, they were somebody. Somebody loved them, somebody needed these people in their lives. And someone else's hatred, someone else's anger took that away, one selfish, one thoughtless act.

I'm still trying to get through the day without thinking about the incident. Even with the radio, the television and the computer off and not reminding me, I still think about all those affected by this.

I'm at a loss for words because I don't know how to continue this post. I just want to say that my thoughts and prayers will continue to go out to the all the affected families, friends, roommates, students, and faculty of Virginia Tech.

8 Comments:

  • You said a lot of good stuff, and you are not alone in your feelings. I worked in the media when 9/11 occurred and I was immersed in it for 16 hours a day for weeks. And everyone night I would go home and just bawl my eyes out because I had to stay composed at work. So I think you should let it out and not restrain yourself. I think it is part of the healing process.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 6:49 PM  

  • i jusr read an article in people in which they showed pics of each of the victims. it made me feel like i knew them a little. and made the whole thing that much more rel when you can put a face, a story with the name. i pray for all those families.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 AM  

  • This has made front page news all around the world. What a terrible sad waste of young life. Like you, I cannot understand what would bring someone to do something like this ... what demons are going around in their heads. I feel for the people who have lost someone in this tragedy, and wish there was something I could do. It must be just horrible.
    Take care, Angel ... Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 3:54 AM  

  • Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Angel. Let it out.

    By Blogger The Egg, at 10:02 AM  

  • I feel your sorrow and sadness - it is something that is so unfathomable yet it happened and we can't escape the fallout from it. My prayers are with al of the families who lost loved ones.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

  • I understand what you are saying Angel, as those same thoughts have been running through my mind. I have been consumed with the tragedy and sorrow fills up inside of me. I cannot even count the number of times I have cried for the victims, parents, families and friends.
    It is truly uncomprehendable.

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 12:31 AM  

  • It was horrible. And then I think about the fact that this happens to families in IRaq EVERY DAY.

    Senseless violence.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 9:12 AM  

  • Time wounds all heals

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home