Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Deep Crevices of My Mind

While flipping stations today, I was Rick Rolled. I couldn't believe my ears. I can't stand that song. But while I can't stand it, and it is still playing in my mind three hours later, I know some of the lyrics. I've never listened to the song in it's entirety, but yet those lyrics are bouncing between the left and right brain like a golf ball that has been dropped down a flight of stairs.

There is a lot of music that I know the lyrics to and yet I don't own the albums or even like the artists. I wouldn't be able to pick out the artists in a line up and I've never listened to more than 5 to 10 seconds of any of these songs. And yet, there it is, those verses or lyrics which are buried deep within my memory, surfacing when I hear a snippet of the song.

Does this happen to anyone else?

2 Comments:

  • Black Eyed Peas. Who I loathe a little.

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 4:58 AM  

  • It does, the human mind is very adept at connecting memory with music.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home