Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Just Talk Into It

One of my friends recently got a new phone. And all he could do during lunchy was talk about it, while he was playing with it. I don't think our lunch time conversation could be considered a conversation. I basically ate by myself, while he texted and played with this gadget. Every now and then he would try to show me the things that this phone can do. He suggested that I get one, that once I had one I wouldn't be able to live without it.

I'm just not that interested in things like this. For me a phone should be functional...I should be able to dial a number and reach my friend of choice. I should also be able to hear them and they should be able to hear me. And I do use the text option when I don't want to disturb someone. If they should so desire to have a conversation with me, they'll call back and if they would just rather keep it short, text me back.

I don't want my phone to double as a MP3 player...that would just drain the battery and when I would need to use my phone as a phone, there would be no power left to place a call. Plus when I'm using my iPod, I'm running and would not want to drop/destroy my phone or be interrupted during my exercise regimen by a call.

So for me, a phone is just a gadget used to communicate with people, this is function enough for me.

5 Comments:

  • That was rather rude of your friend. I can understand his excitement, but come on.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 9:15 PM  

  • He's lucky he didn't drop that phone into his soup.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 6:50 PM  

  • I love this post! I 100% agree with you! I want a phone to be a phone, nothing else.

    By Blogger Phats, at 5:49 PM  

  • I love my phone...but over dinner? Oh heck no!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 9:24 AM  

  • Maybe you should have sat at another table and then your friend could have called you on his new gadget. Probably would have had more of a conversation. Sorry your lunch was spoiled by the new toy, and you are right a phone should just be a phone.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home