Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Rest In Peace

I think it's sad that the media has given no time for Michael Jackson's family to grieve. And do we as a public really have a right to know what was in his will, what his autopsy will show, and the fate of his children? It's one thing to be a celebrity and be in the public eye, it's another thing to have even the most private moments make headline news.

I didn't know MJ has anyone but a musician. And for the most part, I think it should have been kept that way.

Maybe it's time we let his family grieve for a man who was more than just a celebrity. For them he was Michael, a son, a brother, a friend, and a father.

8 Comments:

  • I agree, man. The cult of celebrity is far too intrusive. Let these people have a little privacy, a little dignity, and a lot of respect.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 8:33 PM  

  • It's the evil part of being a celebrity

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 4:08 PM  

  • I agree...it's been a spectacle...that both surprised me...& didn't.

    By Blogger Chick, at 12:55 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:57 PM  

  • As a broadcaster since 1990, it's the cheap sensationalism that turns me off. While the Will may be open to public access, I believe Larry King should never have read a copy of it on his show and held it up to the camera for us to see his signature. As Steve McQueen said in a rare presentation to college students who viewed his 1978 film, "An Enemy of the People", "Being an actor is a gas. Being famous is a pain in the ass".

    I agree with you! Let the man rest in peace. But mark my words, the money people will take the Jackson estate and turn it into another Elvis Presley Enterprise LLC with merchandising, Gray Line Tours and more. This is the state of our society today.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:59 PM  

  • The stories about MJ are just going to keep coming and coming and most of them are just going to be unnecessary. It is too bad but we created this culture where we need to know everything about celebs. It is sad really.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 5:34 PM  

  • Oh, I agree.

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 4:16 AM  

  • I for one am tired of hearing about MJ, but maybe that's just me, I agree let him RIP now and let the family heal.

    By Blogger Phats, at 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home