Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, December 08, 2013

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Yes, we have had our first snow fall in West Virginia. And while it is quite pretty, I do not like driving in it. Since going green, and purchasing a Prius, I have dreaded the slick roads. Now while my car does save me money in gas (I basically spend approximately 60 dollars a month in gas), I think that snowy roads and slick conditions are not friendly to my eco-friendly vehicle. In other news, the snow is pretty. But it makes me want to move back to Florida. I missed it while I was away. I longed for changing weather conditions and not just "hot" to "not so hot" to "hurricane rain" to "hot". I remember my first Christmas there and seeing one of those blow-up Christmas thingamajigs in a neighbor's yard. I thought it looked odd. A snow globe tossing about bits of fake snow sitting in a green yard, under a palm tree. It didn't have the Christmas feel. While I appreciated the fact that I wasn't cold, because I grew up in West Virginia, Christmas needed that winter feel to it. Yes, I know that it doesn't matter where you are, but who you are with! Still!! I hope everyone who got snow dumped on them is staying warm. And I hope everyone who is in warm weather is enjoying it!

3 Comments:

  • My grandfather lived in WV, and I remember the roads that we had to drive through to get to his house in the foothills. I wouldn't imagine it would be fun with snow and ice.

    By Blogger Jon, at 9:58 PM  

  • I hate winter we had a bad storm here but thankfully our area barely got anything but now possibly freezing rain tonight yuck! Stay safe on the roads

    By Blogger Phats, at 1:08 AM  

  • Winter is definitely here in Idaho as we have snow on the ground and temperatures in the single digits. Today felt like a heat wave as we almost made it to 30. Supposed to be almost 40 on Sunday so I might have to break out the sun screen and shorts. Stay safe and warm/

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home