Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Silent Night

I didn't watch Saturday Night Live yesterday, but I did see a clip of the children's choir singing Silent Night in tribute to the tragedy in Connecticut. My heart still aches for the families and the victims of this horrific nightmare. And I know there is nothing I can say that will ever heal the hurt these families feel. For now, no words of comfort could ever ease the pain they are going through. The rendition of the choir singing Silent Night, was so beautiful and so moving. It brought to mind the innocent lives that were lost and the beauty that our children have. It brought to mind the beauty that our world can and does hold, if only we would let that part of our souls sing and shine. If only every person could see and feel that sort of love, this type of violence would end and we would never have to live through tragedies like this again.

1 Comments:

  • You speak the truth, Angel. A little more love and little less hate would make a big difference. Your post reminded me of a quote from the "The Kite Runner": I think if we as human beings would stand up in the name of love and stand up for one another I think the planet would be a much different place. There is a way to be good again.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home