Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I Do and I Haven't

This month and back to back, two of my relatives are getting married. One cousin from my father's side of the family and another from my mother's side of the family. And although I love being around my family, it can also be mentally exhausting. The catching up with each every uncle and aunt. I have to modify certain life stories, censor them if you will, to fit their expectations and their convervative views of the way life should be. I have a great bunch of cousins. Whenever we get together, for whatever occasion it may be, we always tend to have a good time. Sometimes the fun is exacerbated by alcohol, sometimes it's laughter brought upon by recalling the last reunion. But it is fun. Most of all it's because there is no DRAMA. I realize that when families get together, there tends to be some sort of tension. I use to believe there was, but that was probably just my imagination. As I have matured, I realize it's just because we love one another and interfere in one another's lives because that is what we do as relatives. Of course there is the most dreaded asked questions, "when are you getting married"? And I have no answer. I'm not currently dating anyone. I still have to fall in love. I still have to find the one person who makes my heart skp a beat, the person I can't live without and that hasn't happened yet. But I have faith that it will. When I'm not actively looking. So one wedding down. Congrats to my very loved cousin and a new family member. One more to go. Happy Thanksgiving!

3 Comments:

  • First off Happy Thanksgiving!!

    Second I wanna to go to your reunions with family I always avoid mine haha :) glad you're back

    By Blogger Phats, at 12:43 AM  

  • Hey Angel!!!! So cool to hear from you. I haven't had any guest here at the Castle in a long time. So glad you stopped by.
    I hope all is well with you and that you have a most wonderful holiday season.
    xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 6:07 PM  

  • I am right there with you. I HATE that question. Now that several of my cousins have children of their own this question is quickly followed by "and when are you having kids - honey, you are way behind". I just smile and explain that I am not behind.....my cousins were just early. That usually makes them laugh but they still ask when I am getting married. Sigh. It's so frustrating for me.

    By Blogger SquirmY, at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home