Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The Kindness of A Stranger

Recently we've gotten upgrades on our satellite television channels. I had no idea that just a few channels would cause such technical problems. I had no idea that even a thick leaved tree can block and cause interruption in service.

The poor cable guy had to point the satellite dish toward the sky in such a way as to optimize the signal coming from those dark starry skies. To boot, it was raining. I think he spent a total of about six hours here, configuring the channels, on the phone with the company getting codes and then outside pointing the pointer towards the flying satellite above. This was very frustrating for him.

This guy spent a total of about two days in our home. During this stint he learned a lot about our family and loved hearing these stories. From each different family member he got an earful. On his final night, we even watched the Auburn vs LSU game together, both of us rooting for Auburn. What was even funnier was that he told me that one of the girls I was talking to on the phone had a cute voice. He could hear her cause I was wearing my blue-tooth head gear during the game. He said he couldn't hear what we were saying, but could hear the tone and the sing-song quality of her voice.

Isn't it funny how a total stranger, and one that I'll probably never see again can have an effect on you?

4 Comments:

  • Oh... If he thinks he can get you to hook him up wit your "cute" friend he'll be back.

    Here is how that works:
    If she is cute then it's like he's got ESP and they were meant to go out.

    If she isn't then you and her will probably be happy to have happened upon a golden opportunity with a man who already thinks she's cute and they were meant to go out.

    Pretty easy trick for even the least skilled of men. Tell me you didn't fall for it.

    By Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle, at 10:09 PM  

  • Wow that's the best compliment ever (and I thought I had to take voice lessons!!). I should tell that one to some people I know. They always tell me to tone it down:-) Which is why I have conversations late at nite or in the car! By the way..Greg is it? He wouldn't hook me up w/anyone..he knows me too well. We know how these games work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:05 AM  

  • That is really random! I think it's hilarious that you even watched the game together. The guy seems really dedicated to his job.

    By Blogger Anhoni Patel, at 1:23 AM  

  • Are you sure it wasn't Jim Carrey from Cable Guy?
    If so, then run for your life, or whatever is left of it!

    By Blogger Wriju, at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home