Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, October 03, 2005

Radio Talk

I was listening to Delilah the other night on the radio. Now don't get me wrong, I like listening to her show and I like the music she chooses to play for her listeners, but I also think it's kinda funny that when her guests speaks, she sometimes turns the story back to her. Like for instance when someone calls in about a Best Friend, she says things like "do you and your best friend do these things...my best friend and I use to...." or when someone calls in about their children she also adds "my little.....". You gotta love her anyway. Just an observation. She's still great.

Anyway, the reason I laugh evertime I hear the show is because it reminds me of one of my friends. We've always threatened each other that we are going to call in and do some sort of dedication for each other, the "thru the years" type of cheesy dedication. A friendship borne from stress and continued because of alike characteristics. It's funny how friendships form and how they stay together because of an unconditional acceptance of the other's faults, dreams, ideals and goals. When I was younger friendships were due to like activities, someone who had the same toys or played the same sports. As I grew older friendships started because of some sort of similar activity, but stayed glued together because of a growing fondness for that person.

So here's to my friends...I haven't yet called Delilah to ask for a song, but if I did, it would be "The Reason" by Hoobastank. I like it because one of the reason's I've changed is because of my friends and one of the reasons that I keep going is because of them.

This was probably one of the most, if not the most cheesiest entries I've done in awhile.

1 Comments:

  • Pass some bread with that cheese!:-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home