Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, December 16, 2005

It's Just A Fantasy...It's Not the Real Thing...

People either reacted violently or in awe of my taste for snobby chicks. I had written a post and stated a fact about being in love with Blair Warner (a character from televisions now defunct "Facts o f Life"). She was on a sit-com that was kinda like watching those ABC Afterschool Specials, only it was on at night and attempted to be funny. Anyway, I had mentioned that I liked snobby chicks and that Blair was the epitome of my fantasy snob girl. When she wasn't wearing her Eastland boarding school uniform, she was wearing cashmere sweaters and pearls. And she constantly talked about Daddy's money.

Now, I want to clear something up. One of my friends--Babette said, "You are so not into snobby chicks! What the heck? Is there another Angel that I don't know about?!". And I have to say that on some levels she is right. Babette knows me better than I know myself. She could draw you a map to my very soul. I would like to clarify, I'm not into them, I just fantasize about them--like one fantasizes about the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models or the FHM cover girls. It's one of those fantasies that helps me get though a morning shower. But I would never marry one. Lord knows I have enough to do with maintaining myself. I don't think I would want the extra upkeep.

In my undergrad years, there was one sorority at WVU that had the ultimate snobby girls! I swear, everyone of those sorority sisters wore a string of pearls--if I'm not mistaken, one of their symbols was pearls. They were also very well manicured with hair that looked so groomed, clean and sweet smelling. Their fingernails were long, but not too long (good for some back scratching) and they just looked soft. Each one looked like they jumped out of a J Crew catalog. Everyone wanted to date those girls--at least in my circle of friends. In fact a few of my friends dated them and these girls were also a part of my social circle. Many of them played major roles in my fantasies.

I know I won't end up with a snobby girl. I don't want to have to maintain something like that--too much upkeep. You want to buy a Hummer--but can you actually afford the insurance? How about filling up the tank--I mean with gas prices these days. It looks good, drives well and makes you feel manly. But in the end, a more reasonable Volvo will do the job just as well.

To sum up everything, I think Vince said it best:

Snobby bitches (if Angel will allow me to be so blunt):The excitement they garner in us has two sources. One is definitely the whole "challenge" aspect. The other is the complete gratification you expect to feel once you finally get them drunk enough to let you bang the hell out of them, effectively rendering their high horse a low, mountable one.

By the way, if you guys have noticed, I'm using the click/link thing. Thanks to Totolehero, the Duck and Cher for the advice on how to use it. See how that works?

22 Comments:

  • Giddy up, buddy.

    Way to be with your linkage; the next thing to figure out is getting pictures up.

    Have a great weekend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:38 AM  

  • I think this sounds like a great "play scenario" I can ask my spouse to do. Have her dress up in a cashmere sweater and pearls and have her act snobby. Oh Yeah!

    By Blogger Walter, at 11:03 AM  

  • Well, I see you've figured out how to avatar.

    Other than that, at least you've got a good lay of the land.

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 12:48 PM  

  • alright I've got to get busy on figureing it all out, lol, you have totally inspired me.

    By Blogger Skye, at 1:39 PM  

  • I figured it was a fantasy thing. You're forgiven:-) Okay who doesn't have them?! I, too, had a thing for the player types/gigolos. And so not worth it! Bleh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:47 PM  

  • great job on the links angel! and yet again, i agree with vince...the next thing is photos!

    happy holidays angel. from a very unsnobby girl!

    By Blogger cher, at 3:59 PM  

  • a cashmere sweater and pearls? that's not snobby, that's Desperate Housewives!

    By Blogger x, at 5:25 PM  

  • u seen the movies "mean chicks"? to me. blair was a sweetie compared to those snobs. or are they bitches?? now see that's an idea for a whole new posts, is there a difference between a bitch and a snob?? lol. i am neither- but don't mistake niceness for dumbness i always say!

    By Blogger Foxy, at 8:01 PM  

  • oh no, wait- it was mean girls..haha

    By Blogger Foxy, at 8:01 PM  

  • Good to know you'd never marry one. Us "nice" girls never did understand this infatuation with bitches.

    By Blogger Cathy, at 8:38 PM  

  • "You want to buy a Hummer--but can you actually afford the insurance?" = hehe.

    Nice analogy. Maybe you just want a nice girls with a bitchy streak. Or a nice girl who seems unattainable.

    By Blogger Anhoni Patel, at 10:53 PM  

  • Yeah, that's one hell of an analogy. Works well, though.

    I, for one won't scold you on the snob fantasy. We've all got our quirks. In elementary school I was nicknamed "Snotty Auddy," but I'm not like that. Though I do wear pearls. And I had a dress made entirely of rabbit fur once. And I do have several cashmere sweaters.

    Dangit. Now you've got me analyzing my snobby side. ;)

    By Blogger Aud*2020, at 12:48 AM  

  • I totally understand!! I have the same sort of thing with the cocky asshole types. Never would actually date one, but there is an attraction!

    By Blogger Ang, at 2:13 AM  

  • I just don't get the snobby thing...but I have to admit that I enjoy Vince's take on it. Basically it's just to break them down...I like that.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 2:48 PM  

  • A truly snobby girl is not worth it because she will never dip below her status.

    A simply rich or popular in one way or another chick usually is a get down type of girl underneath.

    I've seen some usually upstanding, well known, rich, snobby type girls go completely bonkers with some whisky in them. Good memories.

    By Blogger Alysa, at 7:22 PM  

  • Did someone just mention sausage links?

    By Blogger LBseahag, at 11:15 AM  

  • fantasy huh ? - While i haven't thought of it that way, you probably are right, GOOD fantasy material these snobbish girls :-)

    Congrats on the html !

    cheers !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 PM  

  • you have been tagged !!!! YET again :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:41 PM  

  • I once met Lisa Whelchel (Blair Warner) at a church youth group area conference. She is actually not like that at all in real life- very down to earth.

    By Blogger j merlino, at 8:16 PM  

  • It's the same thing with girls liking jerks, or the "bad boy."

    You might fantasize about being with one, but the reality is it would be such a major pain in the ass. A lot of guys long for a snobby, hot chick - from a distance. If they happen to snag such a woman, they soon realize it's the biggest mistake of their lives.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 9:08 AM  

  • Angel, not Blair... Jo! Tough, capable, but tender on the inside where it counts. Besides, I prefer brunettes.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home