Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

And Then A Hero Comes Along.....

Recently at the library, I ran into some girls who were studying for the USMLE Step 1 exam. I didn't so much run into them, as I heard them quizzing each other and saw the familiar First Aid for the USMLE Step 1--a really popular book among medical students.

Anyway, since one (well actually both of them were cute--one more than the other), I walked up to them and asked them when they were taking the exam. One of them said she had seen me and my study buddy using the Step 2 books. She then proceeded to ask what we did to prepare for Step 1. I gave her the name of a few books and she exclaimed, "I love that one"!!!

I told her that at Kaplan, that professor actually lectured. He had even written a book specifically for Kaplan courses only. She said that she had seen the book that some of her classmates had (those who had taken the course). I went on to say that there were several other acclaimed medical authors who lectured during the six week review course. And then I told her that after one particular lecture, I actually asked the professor to autograph a book I had purchased of his...that was when my brain started screaming "Stop you friggin LOSER". Was I actually talking to a girl I was attempting to flirt with about getting a medical professor's autograph. Had my mind gone into complete meltdown? Had playing with myself on those lonely nights actually caused some mental damage? It was too late, I could not reverse the damage--the statement was out there.

She exclaimed, "Oh my GOD"--in a sorority screeching on rush night voice--"You got his autograph? What was he like, is he funny, down to earth, what?".

I couldn't believe that she was into this. And then suddenly, I wasn't turned on anymore. No explanation. When our conversation was done....I didn't want to ask her out anymore. I'm going to have my hormone levels checked.

9 Comments:

  • this is a hilarious post !!!
    i hear you completely.. i had something like that happened.. you want something and then when you think you can have it, you don't want it anymore... something like that.. haha...

    you're not a looser.. just a cute geek!

    By Blogger madame P, at 12:58 PM  

  • I feel like I'm watching "The Wonder Years" again or something. I feel your pain!

    When it comes to conversation, sometimes less is more.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 8:22 PM  

  • Dude you can sell that eBay.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 PM  

  • Maybe you lot interest becuase you felt you embarrassed yourself?

    I wonder what your reaction to her would be if you see her again?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 AM  

  • maybe she was diggin ur angel mojo??

    hee hee

    and she pretended to care about what u were saying to just continue talking...")

    By Blogger Cari, at 8:23 AM  

  • Sounds like her screeching sorority girl voice would be the turnoff factor for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:09 PM  

  • Angel...you are funny! It became to easy. You must enjoy the chase!

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 9:47 PM  

  • What. You should have told her to come back to your place to check some other autographs - yeah baby!

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 10:37 PM  

  • hi Angel!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home