Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, December 15, 2006

The Gym: A Reality Show

I really believe that my gym could be on a reality show. Or any gym for that matter. The characters that you meet at such a place.

For instance there is this one guy at my gym who has to grunt every single time he lifts weights. His grunting is so loud and animated, that I'm waiting for him to either fart or drop a load in his shorts. And he doesn't just grunt once or twice, it's constant and from the gut--so Tarzan would be proud. Today, he did something quite remarkable. I have no idea, what part of his body he was exercising, but he got down on the floor, laid on his back and started twisting, spinning his legs and going left and right. At best he was a white boy trying to break dance, at worse and goodness forgive me if this is true, he was having a seizure. The woman on the stair master beside me was beside herself laughing.

This guy then (and I kid you not) came up to the women and said something to the effect of his stamina being good for several things. I guess he didn't see her laughing at him. My conclusion was he thought she was checking him out. She replied without missing a beat, "if your bedroom face is the same as your weight lifting face--it's not a good thing". He smiled, winked and backed off into a corner.

I think there should be a policy. Gyms should interview their potential members, there has to be some sort of process to weed out members. I wish I had a camera so I could show you exactly what I saw.

9 Comments:

  • If your gym was a reality show, it sounds like this guy would get voted off pretty quickly huh?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:36 PM  

  • All gyms could be reality shows. Especially eastern european ones!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:08 PM  

  • Hahaha, that guy sounds like a complete weirdo !!
    hope you have a great weekend.
    Take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 4:02 AM  

  • Eh... it would make an interesting animated sitcom, but this kind of thing has been done before.

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 10:35 PM  

  • You need to take your phone camera or something.

    The gym is one big meat shop. It's also one of the greatest places to people-watch (along with the mall).

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 12:11 PM  

  • I will never get what the grunting and the weights are all about... i suppose it is just about getting attention.

    Scott

    By Blogger Scott, at 11:36 PM  

  • If the grunter does drop a load it would make for great reality tv.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 11:41 PM  

  • Gyms are one of the few clubs that want as many members as possible. So I don't think many gyms will be interviewing potential members. They figure, as long as you pay your dues, who cares if you actually use the facilities.
    And laughing is a good exercise as well.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:18 PM  

  • There is a reality show about a gym. It's called Workout it was on Bravo it was pretty interesting actually.

    By Blogger Phats, at 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home