Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, February 05, 2007

What A Game!!!

What a game last night huh? I love watching the Superbowl. I have no idea why some people get excited for things like the commercials and half-time show--shouldn't it be all about the game?

I was so excited to join some of my buddies for the game last night, that I couldn't concentrate all day. How's that for A.D.D.? I did all my errands early (I was only required to bring some chips/dip and chicken wings). I worked out early (all thru my work-out all I could think about is how fun watching the game was going to be). My work-out was half-assed. I couldn't even count my reps because all I could think about was the game!!

And my team won!!! The Colts!!

Now, onto other Superbowl activities. If they wanted people to watch the half-time show (which is usually a pee-break for me, refill my plate with meatballs, chicken wings and spinach dip) why have someone like they musical star who use to have a weird name but suddenly became known by a weird symbol, only to go back to his stage name again? When I had heard that he was performing (what do we call him? I don't even know what he wants to be known as) I was happy that I could do all the things that I could normally do during half time. I could socialize with the girlfriends/wives/females in attendance. I could discuss the game with my buddies. I could relieve myself of built up liquids (I didn't drink, but sipped on a lot of soda). I could make another meatball sandwich. All those things!!! And this half-time show seemed soooo frickin long. Everytime I looked back at the screen, all I saw was purple. I don't think I was ever entertained by a half-time show. I even missed Miss Jackson showing her mammary glands because I went on a food run with my buddy. I did get to see it on You Tube or somewhere on the internet.

The point is, what is the point of a half-time show. Does anyone really watch them? I think some of the commercials are actually worth watching, but the show?

Anyway, today I'm really beat. This exhaustion is from all the excitement, all the yelling, all the shoulder slapping, and victory dancing!!! I am trying to study gastro-intestinal diseases. It is an appropriate topic considering what my stomach had to digest yesterday.

13 Comments:

  • Didn't watch it.

    Watched an I Love Lucy maraton instead.

    I know, I know...I have nothing even slightly resembling a penis. ;)

    Steve~

    By Blogger Steven, at 12:14 PM  

  • I think the point of the halftime show is to entertain people in the seats while the teams take a little break. Why televise it? Beats me. But last nights halftime show was great. Prince is amazing. 'nuff said.

    Commercials, by definition, are just things to make you buy things you don't need. I don't need to know to buy Coke. If I want some, I buy some. During commercials, I flip the channel to, well, reruns of Friends or Raymond or whatever was on the very next channel on the dial. Of course, I was asleep by 2nd quarter anyways. Football just doesn't do it for me. Just wanted to see Prince.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:20 PM  

  • I live in Indiana it's been absolutely crazy here. Right after the game all the drunks in the bars started going outside and getting naked, in the -10 degree weather, jumping on cars. The parade is at 4:30 today. It was an interesting game, glad to see Peyton and Dungy finally win one. Glad to see Train Rex in his usual form.

    I watch the halftime show haha, maybe it's the college cheerleader in me. They haven't really had a good one since Janet/Justin though playing it too safe.

    By Blogger Phats, at 2:41 PM  

  • I actually thought he did a pretty good show. I expected worse so in my thoughts I think he did fairly well. I just didn't know he was that short.

    By Blogger Drywall Mom, at 7:01 PM  

  • Well, the purpose of half time is for the teams to rest and regroup. I suppose they want to put on a show to entertain the paying customers. I love watching a good marching band and really miss those kinds of shows....I suppose they try to out-do the last years show and it just gets crazy. I am not a fan of Prince but I thought he did a good show...

    By Blogger Lucy Stern, at 10:04 PM  

  • I missed all the excitement!
    Maybe next year!
    Have a great week Angel~
    ~xo

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 10:15 PM  

  • Why do they keep showcasing artists that haven't had a hit in at least a decade? It doesn't make any sense.

    I thought the marching band was kick ass, though. Bring back some of that...

    I'm thinking we're going to see Shania Twain next year. Or maybe Vanilla Ice.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 12:42 PM  

  • I didn't realize there were so many Prince haters out there until after the Super Bowl. I've always generally either liked him, or felt indifferent about his music. I've got his greatest hits on my iPod, and when I was a teen, I enjoyed listening to the "Diamonds & Pearls" album. "Get Off" anybody?

    Anyway, I thought he did a fairly bad job at most of the half-time show, and his cover of "Best of You" by the Foo Fighters was just completely random, but him singing Purple Rain in the rain was actually pretty cool I thought. Anyway, hooray for football! See ya in the fall!

    By Blogger Duck, at 2:19 PM  

  • Glad you had a good time. I thought the game was a snooze but I had fun anyway. The Super Bowl is probably the only time I watch the halftime show and that is because they make it into a huge event. And I like a few of Prince's songs.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 6:42 PM  

  • Generally, I don't watch sports. Some hockey games (yeah, go figure) is about the extent of it. I used to watch ice skating and the Olympics, but even that stopped in recent years.

    Honestly I don't know why people get so excited over a game. Any game... including hockey. Is it possible my testosterone gland is blocked?

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 1:07 AM  

  • On the Game-Minnesota should NEVER have gotten rid of Tony Dungee. We ALL said that he was the one who should have been head coach. Conratulations Tony Dungee and the Colts!

    On the Purple One-Hey man, Prince put Minnesota Music on the map, and he rocks. Is he weird? Uhhh...YEAH! Thats musicians for ya. But hes OUR weirdo!

    By Blogger twolf1920, at 12:48 PM  

  • i think they deliberately use freaks for the halftime show to get everyone all riled up and talking about it, i mean come ON, how many years has it been since someone decent performed? LONG TIME

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:20 AM  

  • Half-time shows are the opiates of the masses.

    FDR said that, and it's still true today.

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home