Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Stylist Sopranos

One of the chicks that cuts my hair made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Well, she didn't threaten my life or anything. I did however feel somewhat pressured or maybe bored and wanted to move on. Needless to say, I still have the same person cutting my hair even though she left the place where I get my haircut.

On Saturday I went into my usual haircut place (my sister calls them salons, but when I think salon, I think of a place with people having their nails done and lots of chicks chatting, sounding like chickens picking at dried corn). But this place has both guys and girls in it and it doesn't smell like hair dye stuff. Anyway, I went in for my appointment and the chick talking on the phone, moved her mouth from the phone piece thing and said, "She isn't here anymore, but we moved you to Sally". I don't care who cuts my hair so I agreed.

Sally went talked way too much, about things I didn't care to know about and people I have never met or will ever meet. But she kept avoiding the topic of "What happened to Waldo". She would skirt the topic and then go back into a tirade of who's who in her apartment complex.

I paid and they made my next appointment. When I walked into the parking lot, an SUV kept honking. I didn't recognize the car, so I kept walking. Just then my old hairdresser hung out of the driver's seat and called me over to her car. She opened the passenger's side and asked me to get in.

A little confused, I got in.

"What did they tell you about me?".

I told her the truth. No one told me anything.

She then went into another tirade of who's who in the shop and how there was jealousy and how she tried to call me to warn me that she wouldn't be cutting my hair and that she moved to a new place. I heard about 2 secs of her 15 minute speech. It really doesn't matter to me who cuts my hair, if is a bad cut, I'll just wear a baseball cap. I know that I'm pretty metro about things like washing my face, lotioning and my teeth, but hair is boring and doesn't do what it's told, so I've given up on it and just let it do what it wants.

She pulled out her appointment book and then said, "Your usual three weeks?" I said yes and watched her write it into her schedule book. She gave me directions to her new place. She then said "I'll see you in three weeks, bye".

As I got into my car, I saw her wait for the next person (a guy who was told the same thing I was and that he was given a new hair cutter).

With that, I was ushered out into the parking lot. I guess I'll see her in three weeks.

14 Comments:

  • I thought you said that you didn't care who cut your hair?

    By Blogger Chick, at 10:36 PM  

  • You get your hair cut every three weeks?! wow

    By Blogger Phats, at 12:10 AM  

  • I go to the hairdresser so seldom...I never know what sort of haircut I want except that it has to be one I can walk out the door after less than two minutes fussing with it.

    I tend to buy frivolous wigs instead of going to the hairdresser.

    By Blogger Spider Girl, at 12:38 AM  

  • Sounds like a little turf war going down. Ever watch Seinfeld?
    Thanks for reminding me, I need to go see my stylist. I've got freakin' troll doll hair.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 AM  

  • Brace yourself... you'll probably get another earful in three weeks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 AM  

  • Who knew it was so cut throat!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 PM  

  • i want to see this haircut!

    how weird she is staking out her old place of business. guess its a real cutthroat biz huh?

    i still want to see the haircut.

    every 3 weeks?

    thats more often than i have sex sometimes.

    m

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 PM  

  • That's just some crazy stuff. And that she has nothing better to do than lurk in the parking lot and run down clients? Wow. Be weary of people that are so willing to be so unprofessional and drag you into their STUFF. But be sure to write about your NEXT appointment when you visit the CRAZY lady! YAY!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 PM  

  • Straight out of a "Seinfeld" show! Hehehe!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

  • So much drama. I think it all starts in Beauty School.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 11:20 AM  

  • Talk about a pissed off hair dresser.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 PM  

  • Very weird ... are you sure you want to got there !?!?!
    Take care, Meow

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 AM  

  • She sounds kinda needy.

    I was able to do the whole word verifacation with my left hand. Cool!!!

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 5:19 PM  

  • huh. i would say don't go. my two cents.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home