Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Brand New Day

I'm done having my whiny hissy fit. I know I was whiny and a big girly man the other day. I don't know what it was. One of my friends from medical school said he believed we had our own hormonal cycles. Maybe I was having one. Maybe all I really needed was a huge tampon inserted into my mouth, so no one could hear me whine. I bet it was annoying. I know my classmate Maria really didn't appreciate it since she had called to discuss clinical vignettes and trick questions. She got an earful of girly man crap.I know blogger could possibly have shattered due to the sheer high note my voice was hitting (at least in my head) as I was typing out the post. And the hormones have abated. My level is back to normal.

It didn't take much. I took Phats advice and hit some tennis balls. I didn't have a partner to hit with on such short notice, so I went to the back of the tennis courts--where they keep their practice wall and just smashed each ball hard enough to go thru the cement. Big relief and lots of sweat (not as much as the stair-stepper dude). I then went to the gym and hopped on the treadmill. I ran about two miles, hopped off and did some weights. I didn't grunt though, grunting is never appropriate unless of course it's in the bedroom.

And there was some Doritos and and a milkshake involved (so much for the workout huh?). Doritos have these new trial flavors like Blazin Buffalo and Ranch, Sweet Chili (something like that) and something with jalepenos (sp?). And some cartoons too-- South Park, Family Guy and Futurama. With that, I was cured.

Back to business now. I've got to learn some treatment modalities for my surgery review.

14 Comments:

  • did you hear about the guy who lost his membership to a gym because he grunted when he was working out and everyone complained so they took away his membership.. I think he sued or something and it ended up on the news...he was a major pump monkey...fake tan and stuff. Point being, "good thing you don't grunt at the gym"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:06 PM  

  • Glad to hear you are squared away. Something must be going around because I have been manstrating this week as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 PM  

  • Glad your hormones are back in place without resorting to the tampons.
    Stewie always does it for me too...but now I find myself wanting Doritios.

    By Blogger Chick, at 11:30 PM  

  • Maybe you're going through man-o-pause.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 11:51 AM  

  • South Park, Family Guy and Futurama can cure anything!! ;)

    Steve~

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 PM  

  • I hope the tampon you put in your mouth is not used.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 8:25 PM  

  • I have those days when I bitch about everything. I hate those days and usually running like a madman and music can cure me - i like your cure tho ;)

    cheers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 AM  

  • Up here we'd blame the mood swing on an extended winter weather patch, particulalry if it was bad weather.

    We all have rough patches. it's all right.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:54 PM  

  • ood luck. If you get really fed up, spend some money and buy ome gadgets.

    By Blogger Dr Vegas, at 5:31 PM  

  • Woohoo Glad it helped, it helped me that's for sure. It's more fun to hit at people though. And by working out all you did you don't feel as guilty eating the doritos!

    By Blogger Phats, at 12:23 AM  

  • Manstrating and manopause:)Great words!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 AM  

  • Don't feel bad Angel. i was feeling like a large lump of canine excrement all month.

    Want a good laugh? I realized that I am SO not used to writing anymore that I HAVE FORGOTTEN HOW! I TYPE everything. I mean I can SPELL and write, but I am SO not used to it anymore! Pretty damn funny eh?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:48 PM  

  • Yay, glad the funk is being gotten over! I hate feeling down in the dumps!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 1:50 PM  

  • Whining can be very good. Especially in between all those readings. I'm glad sanity prevailed for you.

    Smiles. :-)

    By Blogger Timeless Boulevard, at 2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home