Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Real Estate and Poles

I was driving to lunch yesterday when I passed the strangest site. A female holding up a sign that said "Open House". The sign pointed to a new development. While some cars passed her, she did this sort of wiggle-wiggle-bang-bang and smiled. Now it wasn't the kind of wiggle-wiggle bang-bang that is worthy of being done on a pole, but jiggly none-the-less. Did I forget to mention that she was basically wearing Daisy Duke like shorts and a blue jeans t-shirt tied in a knot at her cleavage?

I'm wondering how many of the stares turned into actual development visits? Did any of those cars actually take the turn towards the neighborhood and take a tour?

I was under the impression that house hunting was done by the woman of the household. I know that my sister-in-law is in charge of finding a new house for my brother's family. She's in charge of finding the homes, meeting the real estate agent and then letting my brother know on a scale of one to ten her opinion. I know for sure that she would not go to look at the home that this woman was advertising.

So what were these advertisers thinking?

21 Comments:

  • I would go!

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 10:12 PM  

  • yeah... seems pretty random to me. i wouldn't be interested. and if i were shopping for houses with my man/husband (if i HAD a man/husband), i think i'd be a little put off by that whole scene and even more so if he wanted to check out the house because of her.
    weird!

    By Blogger megabrooke, at 7:04 AM  

  • I only want to live in a home advertised by some cheap floozy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 AM  

  • Obvious, the wrong thing. To me that would give me the impression that this company is not very professional.

    By Blogger Drywall Mom, at 11:03 AM  

  • Maybe they thought there's more bisexual women in the area than most people know?

    By Blogger -Papa, at 11:21 AM  

  • Is the housing market that bad? I read a headline about the slow sales. Is this a new ploy?

    By Blogger The Egg, at 12:54 PM  

  • i have no idea. lol.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:59 PM  

  • Hee. That would crack me up....

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 1:04 PM  

  • That is very odd.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 1:41 PM  

  • Perhaps they were advertising a whorehouse development.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 1:47 PM  

  • Sex does sell apparently!

    By Blogger twolf1920, at 2:33 PM  

  • In this day and age, women are still used in such a degrading way, no?

    How're the exams? Or did you mention it in your blog and missed it?

    By Blogger missy, at 3:22 PM  

  • Was it bad jiggle like the kind of jiggle she shouldn't be wearing that jiggle? =)

    By Blogger Cara Bara, at 3:29 PM  

  • Guess the housing market in the US is pretty bad then.... WOuld get my attention though. Will be starting house-hunting myself soon. Too bloody expensive to live in London.

    By Blogger Dr Vegas, at 6:00 PM  

  • Genious! hahahah

    By Blogger Scott, at 12:15 AM  

  • I don't think I would go if it were me but it would be interesting to see who did and why...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 AM  

  • It sounds like she probably got a lot of attention, and that is probably what they paid her to do.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 5:54 PM  

  • I think that I am going house hunting now.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 2:42 PM  

  • sounds scandalous to me. lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:15 PM  

  • "wiggle-wiggle-bang-bang"...is that the technical term? ;) j/k.

    We actually have a lot of those around here (there are a ton of new developments near where I live) and I've actually wondered how many people the "wiggle-wiggle-bang-bang" entices to go look at the new development.

    By Blogger Katie, at 12:44 AM  

  • So how much did they want for the house? ;^)

    By Blogger Aaron, at 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home