Shaken Not Stirred

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Where Do You Find That Music

While watching some of my favorite television shows--"Scrubs", "House", "Grey's Anatomy" and "Heroes", I have enjoyed the music used for some of these shows as well.

My question is, since I don't recognize the singers/bands for some of this music, how would I find out who sings what? I one time remembered the lyrics of a song, typed it in Google and then was presented with a lyric sheet that contained the name of the artist and the song. Score!! The song was Anna Nalick and the song is Breathe 2 a.m. And thank God for iTunes and getting to just buy one song---not really sure how the rest of her album would sound, but I liked the song.

There has to be a way to get the music played on certain episodes. Sometimes I've noticed at the end of some of the shows they say things like music provided by....and they'll show the album, named the groups/singers, but more often than not, the don't. So I'm stuck wondering and radio surfing (my car is pretty cool in that the rad/tuner thing shows station identification, artist and song playing). I know I'm easily amused and most cars have this now. But I'm not electronically brilliant and little things like this fascinate me.

Back to what I was asking for help about. How do we find out what songs are played on the shows?

18 Comments:

  • Just go to the show's website and it should show the artists.

    By Blogger Drywall Mom, at 9:31 PM  

  • The above answer by drywall mom is wehat I would try fisrt. If that fails, I have no idea, sorry.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:07 PM  

  • itunes is the bible of the music gods.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 PM  

  • I would try discussion boards maintained by fans of the television program. After each episode, a topic should appear called "Name that song"

    That what I always use when I want to get a song I heard on Sopranos

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

  • Do a google search for Grey's Anatomy soundtrack.......it works alL the time!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:26 PM  

  • I go to tv.com to find the songs played on an episode of the show. I also collect scores played on those shows!

    By Blogger missy, at 4:22 PM  

  • So many options.

    Goto the show's website. They usually list it.

    Do a search for the show in iTunes.

    Or for that matter, check Wikipedia. :) (I'm serious!)

    By Blogger Aaron, at 7:06 AM  

  • I, too, would go to the show's website. There are usually question sections ... just ask, I guess !!
    ITunes is wonderful, isn't it !!!
    Hope you have a great week.
    Take care, MEow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 7:59 AM  

  • Just check out the shows website or their fans' websites and you will find more music than you can imagine.

    By Blogger Scott, at 9:45 AM  

  • I love Scrubs!

    By Blogger Cara Bara, at 10:09 AM  

  • What they said. :)

    By Blogger -Papa, at 10:35 AM  

  • definitely for grey's anatomy- to to abc.com, and it lists all the songs played that week. this is how i've found a lot of artists im now a big fan of.

    By Blogger megabrooke, at 11:36 AM  

  • I was going to say the same as drywall mom.
    Also, if you type the words of the chorus in Google, a lot of times the song and the artist will come up.

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 2:14 PM  

  • Looks like all the answers have already been covered.

    Oh well...

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 2:23 PM  

  • I used to have a thing for movie soundtracks.

    By Blogger The Egg, at 3:20 PM  

  • Since the answer has been thoughtfully and thoroughly discussed, can I just say May is always such a bittersweet tv season for me? The shows are all so great right now due to May sweeps but just knowing they are all wrapping up for the season is so sad. I feel like I need "The Office" every week to remind me that my workplace isn't so bad.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

  • IMDB.com is a good resource as well.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 3:19 PM  

  • Its sad, but my new music comes from the new CW.

    By Blogger S.B., at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home