Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lightbulb

I attended a medical conference this weekend. I haven't sat through 7 hours a day of lectures in quite awhile. But some of my classmates and I thought we'd go and learn about some new treatment modalities.

Surprisingly I was able to remain awake for all fourteen hours of the two day conference. More surprisingly I understood everything that was being lectured. Surprisingly I was able to talk to other colleagues about my opinion concerning the new drugs on the market and whether or not I felt they would be effective. I didn't ramble and I think I made sense when I talked about them.

I'm wondering when this change happened. And I'm wondering when the light bulb went on.

I remember growing up and attending conferences with my father. I would listen to him talk to his colleagues about the conference and thinking wow, these people are smart. I never thought I would come to this point in time, even during first year of medical school. It seemed like I woke up Friday morning with this new mind...or rather it developed during the morning lectures.

It was fun!! My very first conference!! I'm a big kid now!!

16 Comments:

  • So what do you do for a living angel? For some reason i thought you reviewed books...?

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:08 PM  

  • How long 'til you can wear big boy pants?

    hehehe

    I know what you mean. I went to a Microsoft product launch last year and it wasn't over my head. Although every year of college was.

    By Anonymous whatigotsofar, at 8:11 AM  

  • Congrats..I know those conferences can be a bitch sometimes but if the subject natter is really iteresting it helps....

    By Blogger Princess Extraordinaire, at 9:45 AM  

  • Sounds like all that knowledge you stuff into your brain is making sense...good for you.

    So should I be taking L-Arginine for my heart, despite the recent findings at Hopkins which pointed to the contrary?

    By Blogger The Phoenix, at 11:03 AM  

  • welcome to the adult world! ;)

    By Blogger Trixie, at 11:38 AM  

  • You should be proud for staying awake.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 12:31 PM  

  • Yeah that's awesome.

    By Blogger The Egg, at 3:17 PM  

  • I'm glad you're knowledgable in medicine, can you take a look at this weird growth on my balls?

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 5:51 PM  

  • How awesome Angel!!!

    By Anonymous nutz, at 11:19 AM  

  • I love those rare moments in time when you actually get to feel all professional & smart...like the last couple of years slaving away studying or working at your job have actually payed off or something.

    By Blogger Chick, at 11:14 PM  

  • Hello Angel. I am an instructor at Indiana University and am doing research on gangrene smells to help my class investigate a witchcraft trial that occurred in the 17th century. It was while searching for information that I discovered your blog for 2/26/06 in which you discuss the smell. I was wondering if I could quote you for my class. Thanks much, akoke@indiana.edu

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 AM  

  • very cool! :)
    i remember feeling that way when i first started working "i'm all grown up now!!"
    cool, but scary.

    m

    By Blogger mollymcmo, at 1:22 AM  

  • Just dropping in with a smile and hug to say hello!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 6:08 PM  

  • congratulations angel!here's to more successful conferences, to good colleagues and to science. x

    By Blogger Chloe, at 5:49 AM  

  • Congratulations, Angel. Proves all those years of study and stuff haven't been worth it LOL. Look out world, Dr. Angel is ready !!
    Take care, hugs, Meow

    By Blogger Meow, at 12:56 AM  

  • Now you realized they aren't so smart after all. :P

    By Blogger 2xA+r0n, at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home