Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lightbulb

I attended a medical conference this weekend. I haven't sat through 7 hours a day of lectures in quite awhile. But some of my classmates and I thought we'd go and learn about some new treatment modalities.

Surprisingly I was able to remain awake for all fourteen hours of the two day conference. More surprisingly I understood everything that was being lectured. Surprisingly I was able to talk to other colleagues about my opinion concerning the new drugs on the market and whether or not I felt they would be effective. I didn't ramble and I think I made sense when I talked about them.

I'm wondering when this change happened. And I'm wondering when the light bulb went on.

I remember growing up and attending conferences with my father. I would listen to him talk to his colleagues about the conference and thinking wow, these people are smart. I never thought I would come to this point in time, even during first year of medical school. It seemed like I woke up Friday morning with this new mind...or rather it developed during the morning lectures.

It was fun!! My very first conference!! I'm a big kid now!!

16 Comments:

  • So what do you do for a living angel? For some reason i thought you reviewed books...?

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:08 PM  

  • How long 'til you can wear big boy pants?

    hehehe

    I know what you mean. I went to a Microsoft product launch last year and it wasn't over my head. Although every year of college was.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:11 AM  

  • Congrats..I know those conferences can be a bitch sometimes but if the subject natter is really iteresting it helps....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:45 AM  

  • Sounds like all that knowledge you stuff into your brain is making sense...good for you.

    So should I be taking L-Arginine for my heart, despite the recent findings at Hopkins which pointed to the contrary?

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 11:03 AM  

  • welcome to the adult world! ;)

    By Blogger Trixie, at 11:38 AM  

  • You should be proud for staying awake.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 12:31 PM  

  • Yeah that's awesome.

    By Blogger The Egg, at 3:17 PM  

  • I'm glad you're knowledgable in medicine, can you take a look at this weird growth on my balls?

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 5:51 PM  

  • How awesome Angel!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM  

  • I love those rare moments in time when you actually get to feel all professional & smart...like the last couple of years slaving away studying or working at your job have actually payed off or something.

    By Blogger Chick, at 11:14 PM  

  • Hello Angel. I am an instructor at Indiana University and am doing research on gangrene smells to help my class investigate a witchcraft trial that occurred in the 17th century. It was while searching for information that I discovered your blog for 2/26/06 in which you discuss the smell. I was wondering if I could quote you for my class. Thanks much, akoke@indiana.edu

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:37 AM  

  • very cool! :)
    i remember feeling that way when i first started working "i'm all grown up now!!"
    cool, but scary.

    m

    By Blogger mollymcmo, at 1:22 AM  

  • Just dropping in with a smile and hug to say hello!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 6:08 PM  

  • congratulations angel!here's to more successful conferences, to good colleagues and to science. x

    By Blogger x, at 5:49 AM  

  • Congratulations, Angel. Proves all those years of study and stuff haven't been worth it LOL. Look out world, Dr. Angel is ready !!
    Take care, hugs, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 12:56 AM  

  • Now you realized they aren't so smart after all. :P

    By Blogger Aaron, at 12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home