Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Covered in Bugs

There are these little black bugs flying all over the place. They get everywhere. They look like lightning bugs without the light bulb ass. Sometimes I see two of them flying together, clinging to one another. I wonder if they are having mile high sex (it's mile high for them, but only about 5 feet for us).

Anyway, these bugs have found themselves squashed on my windshield and the hood of my car. It's pretty gross. And ordinary washing doesn't get them off. You have to scrub a little. This one chick I met said that she read somewhere that if you don't wash them off within 24 hours they will ruin the paint on your car. She said something about the acidity of their innards does it. If this is true than some of those critters have been sitting on my car for about a week. I washed them off the first day thinking it was some fluke and they were just passing through on their way south, but they are still here.

I'm not sure what those bugs are called. I'm going to call on The Phoenix for help, after I ask this chick what these bugs are called.

15 Comments:

  • All right my man!

    What you got right there are called Love Bugs. How appropriate. They're also called March Bugs...but crap, it's June now, so should they be called June Bugs now?

    Your friend is right - wash their guts ASAP. They've also been known to clog radiators.

    They don't fly at night, and they're all awake by about 10 AM. You can keep your car waxed, which will help - or you can put a little baby oil around your bumper, grill, and above your windshield.

    They are nasty!

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 6:37 PM  

  • I've heard about these suckers. Good luck with the cleaning!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 9:57 PM  

  • blech bugs.
    i have been reading a book on bugs to my son every night. And i read that there is a particular bug that covers itself in other bugs' poo so that they won't recognize them. And then this awful, dirty bug, eats the other unsuspecting bugs.
    Horrible, isn't it?
    xx

    By Blogger x, at 1:07 AM  

  • Ugh! I've had to deal with those suckers down here all spring. Good luck cleaning!

    By Blogger Katie, at 12:25 PM  

  • I don't know what they are called. But I know they are hard to clean off. ;-/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:38 PM  

  • The Phoenix is smart. I hate bugs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:59 PM  

  • I'm going to scrub my car right now,

    By Blogger Chick, at 8:12 AM  

  • yikes that is way gross. nasty nasty nasty.

    you have a fun blog...good variety too. Stop by and say hi sometime
    www.rickrockhill.blogspot.com

    By Blogger Rick Rockhill, at 10:05 PM  

  • June bugs. i never knew that about getting them off of your car ASAP.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 10:07 PM  

  • Good luck getting them off your car ... hope they haven't damaged the paintwork!!
    Yuck !!
    Take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 8:02 AM  

  • Yuck I hate bugs! The thought alone makes me nauseous!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 AM  

  • We have been inundated with black beatles. The type we call down here 'stinkbugs.' Hopefully they will die out soon. If yours are the same infestation, you will know them by their noxious odor.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 12:21 PM  

  • Man those bugs alwasy make me mad when they screw up my wind sheild after washing my car.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:02 PM  

  • A guy would drop the "mile-high sex" comment, huh? :D

    By Blogger Aaron, at 9:31 PM  

  • Phoenix is right. Love Bugs. And , yes, they WILL damage your paint if not removed.

    By Blogger Phred, at 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home