Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Who Says You're Talented

Someone needs to tell some of these people that jiggling your chest and belly isn't a talent. Seriously, who puts these people through to the final stage of getting up in front of a studio audience as well as a television audience? And you know that they're going to get buzzed and you know that the judges aren't going to put them through any further. But how did they get up that far? And you can't say that it's for lack of better talent, because I know that millions of people vote for this.

It's like those singers that get to perform for the final three judges. I had heard that there are several processes to get to the final stage of the three judges. So how do some people make it that far. And no wonder they get perturbed when turned down. All along the way they were probably told they could sing.

Anyway, really, I know that some of these talents are just pursuing their dreams. They believe they could sing, dance, balance poodles on their heads. That's fine. Somewhere out there, someone believes them too. But is it necessary to bring them on televisiona nd then humiliate them? To persecute them rudely? But then again, by putting themselves in front of judges they are asking for it.

I'm just wondering why season after season I get sucked into it all. And then bitch about it later like I'm doing right now.

12 Comments:

  • Because the producers know how to lure innocent people!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 6:19 PM  

  • It's all of these producers thinking that it'll make for "good TV" to put these sad sacks out there, for all the world to laugh at...it just pisses me off that I wasted my time watching these poor talentless souls...but that Persian Belly dancer guy did kinda make me all tingly (down there).

    By Blogger Christopher, at 9:01 PM  

  • It's like a car wreck, you have to look.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 11:57 PM  

  • 400 years from now, those kinds of shows will be replaced by a new genre involving planetary explosions.

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 12:12 AM  

  • I'm the same ... I sit there and cringe, hide behind the cushion, but have to take a peek again anyway. It's called "getting sucked in" !! I love all those reality shows, though ... if people are silly enough to put themselves in those situations, then they should just grin and bear it, I guess !!
    Hope you are well, Angel.
    Take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 12:53 AM  

  • it makes me feel better about myself as a person. that is why i would watch...if i had cable.... its just simply supply and demand. don't blame the people trying out or the judges or the producers... blame people like me who will watch it.

    By Blogger cher, at 3:03 AM  

  • lol. look who's being asked to judge the talent. that's your answer right there.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:31 PM  

  • What do the producers care about quality anways, as long as they are raking in the moolah :)

    By Blogger Wriju, at 6:50 AM  

  • I think it's just for a laugh...they know these talent-less people won't make it through. It's entertainment value.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 10:24 AM  

  • Angel, you need to step away from the reality show. It is making you mad I tell you.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 10:37 AM  

  • I don't like that show and I don't understand why they have un-talented judges judging these people????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:03 PM  

  • I am in total agreement with you! Some of what these people think of as talent is just plain weird!

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home