Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I should never buy my Halloween candy early. But there was a sale and so I did. On one night last week I was craving something sweet, so I opened the bag and told myself I would only have a few pieces. That night I only had one piece. But it was the subsequent nights that counted. I would have a piece of candy here and there. And now, the day before trick-or-treating, I find myself writing candy on my grocery list.

What happened to that bag of Reese cups? Maybe I should have bought something I don't like eating like lollipops or gum. My reasoning for buying the chocolate was "if I don't like the candy, chances are the kids going door to door won't either". I remember thinking when I was younger--ewww I don't like caramel or butterscotch candy. So I bought the good stuff, only to have eaten through the bag. So I'm off to get some more...hopefully the bag will remain in tact tonight.

Happy Halloween everyone!

11 Comments:

  • Never buy Halloween candy early! A few weeks ago, I bought one bag. The test proved that I'm a sweetaholic. None left. I need help.

    By Blogger The Egg, at 12:09 PM  

  • The only reason candy corn is still available is because people buy it knowing they won't eat it themselves.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:25 PM  

  • I loves me some candy. I don't even feel guilty when I eat it. And now that my kids go trick or treating, I don't feel guilty eating the candy that they harvest from others.

    Heck, whatigotsofar, I even discovered the other day that candy corn can be pretty good! Who knew?

    SUGAR!!!!

    By Blogger Duck, at 2:39 PM  

  • I love candy corn.

    And I live in the boonies so no trick or treaters, but I do heist my kids candy when they aren't looking.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 3:35 PM  

  • It didn't even occur to me to get candy for the kids in my building, I'm such a grinch! I'll try to remember tomorrow.

    By Blogger The Maiden Metallurgist, at 6:59 PM  

  • Ha ... this sounds way too familiar.

    By Blogger Airam, at 10:11 PM  

  • Lol. That's funny how your best laid plans tempted you into eating all the candy. I bought a tub of twizzlers and I've been a very good about not eating them. Yet.

    By Blogger Grant, at 10:38 PM  

  • I'm glad I don't get trick-or-treaters!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:33 AM  

  • I never buy it either.. I mean, I don't need that junk layin' around my house!

    By Blogger Aaron, at 9:35 AM  

  • I think you said it, buy the candy you don't like.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 1:22 PM  

  • You need to buy your candy the day after Halloween. Hope you had a good Halloween and the kids enjoyed the candy that you gave them.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home