Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What Do 18 Year Olds Worry About?

I was in a department store the other day looking for jeans or khakis (one or the other or hopefully both). They were having a great sale on jeans, so I picked out a pair to try on. My waist size is 32, but since I'm only about 5'4", the length always has to be taken in.

As I was making my way to the dressing room, a salesperson asked if I needed any help. I asked him if they did in-store tailoring and he asked why. The sales guy was about my height. I explained to him that since I was vertically challenged, it was hard for me to buy pants that really fit. He jokingly said "tell me about it". I asked if he then knew of a place nearby that did some tailoring. He said no because he usually didn't tailor his pants and lifted showed me that his cuffs were a bit pushed up by his shoes.

I told him that I wanted to have a more fitted, much more "neat" look. He then said, "I'm only 18, I don't have to worry about things like that". So what do they worry about?

17 Comments:

  • Getting laid.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 AM  

  • Scoring beer and weed and chicks.

    By Blogger The Maiden Metallurgist, at 10:49 AM  

  • Having their myspace hijacked, or breaking their text finger.

    By Blogger Travis Erwin, at 2:38 PM  

  • Girls, cars, junk food and video games.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 7:39 PM  

  • lmao. i agree with all of the above.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 PM  

  • I'm not sure what 18 year olds worry about these days, but I have the opposite problem with pants. I personally love being able to find pants long enough that they'll bunch up at my feet a bit. It takes about a 37" inseam to make that happen though, which are very difficult to find...

    By Blogger Duck, at 8:17 AM  

  • ...and not getting pregnant.

    By Blogger Aaron, at 12:01 PM  

  • Condom breakage.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 11:56 PM  

  • How to fix the world wide mess before it's too late, and wondering if it's already too late.

    By Blogger rob, at 8:33 AM  

  • haha, i agree with the getting laid and alcohol.

    m

    By Blogger mollymcmo, at 9:57 AM  

  • "Vertically challenged"...you're too cute! I have to cringe when I think about the things that made me worry at 18!!!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 12:37 PM  

  • 5'4" whoa!

    Anyway - school, chicks and being cool.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 5:19 PM  

  • Whatever that kid is worried about, it ain't about making a good first impression!

    By Blogger Tai, at 6:06 PM  

  • ha I teach HS and they don't worry about much that's for sure. Cars, sex, and women usually.

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:10 PM  

  • They worry about old people asking them about their fashion sense.

    -- david

    By Blogger David Amulet, at 10:23 AM  

  • No need for me to comment, it's all been covered by the other comments. LOL

    By Blogger Grant, at 12:33 PM  

  • There's always global warming and the impending soviet re-emergence.

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home