Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Save Money, Go Full

I recently went grocery shopping after having dinner with some of my buddies. I noticed that I didn't spend that much, didn't spend as much time gawking and deciding over junk food or the varieties of frozen pizza or even candy for that matter. In fact, I got just the essentials--cereal, vegetables, milk and bread (really more than that, but these were the things that I was suppose to buy, or rather that were on my list).

So from now on, I'm going to go do my groceries after dinner.

8 Comments:

  • This is soooo true.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 3:42 PM  

  • Yes, never go grocery shopping when you're hungry. It'll kill your wallet.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 4:28 PM  

  • It's true. And I've been saving so much money too because I've been bringing my lunch to work every day instead of going out. My checking account is looking much nicer in that respect too. ;o)

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 7:32 PM  

  • what kind of cereal did ya get?

    I think this is a great idea, I always buy too much cookies, and candy

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:05 PM  

  • Amen to that!

    Cxx

    By Blogger Claire, at 2:31 PM  

  • Right on! Potluck style dinners with friends also cut costs. We had one tonite at my place. G Pang made his famous cordon bleu. I prepared fettucine with herbs. Sharon brought the wine. We're going to do this more often!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 1:22 AM  

  • So is it wrong to eat as you shop? haha

    By Blogger Phats, at 11:43 PM  

  • You are one smart dude. Going grocery shopping hungry is always a mistake. You end up buying so much extra stuff.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home