Shaken Not Stirred

Sunday, February 09, 2014

Long Long Winter

It has been such a long winter and many sad things happened last month. And I should have come here to write about them. I know that talking about it gets it out--or at least allows some closure. It may also help people to face the situations. But I did not write about it, nor did I talk about it. I just shut down and closed myself off. I'm alright. My relatives however have been going through some rough patches. Two different families have suffered losses. Some friends have asked out of concern or maybe curiosity how we are holding up. I say fine. And some days it is true, Other days I see one or more uncles, aunts, cousins with such sadness my heart and soul break. Prayer has helped. It has helped me to cope with the overwhelming sadness. No matter what people say, I always find hope and light in prayer. Is it the rhythmic pattern of saying these prayers over and over (as in the repetition of the Hail Mary on a rosary). Some might say so. However, I believe it is my connection to God and my faith that He will get us through this. So perhaps I am explaining my absence or justifying why I've broken my promise to write more consistently. I am back and I will keep this blog up to date.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home