Shaken Not Stirred

Saturday, March 08, 2014

Spring

I woke up to the sound of a chirping bird. The sun was shining. It made me think that spring was around the corner. Someone mentioned earlier this week that the farmer's almanac predicted one more bad winter storm in April. April is three weeks away. Spring isn't right around the corner. This is considered one of the bad winters. Charleston has been slammed with worse winters in the past. At least I recall that there were winters in which it seemed to snow a lot more. Am I getting old that I can remember weather pattern changes? I don't know. But I do recall almost being out of school for a week. I even remember that when I went to college in Morgantown, that there was a couple days the university closed because of a state of emergency. The university rarely closed. But it did. This winter is a like this funk that I'm in. It has seemed to wane longer than expected. And I know that it won't last. Spring for me is around the corner. Mother nature may not play with the temperatures to change the season. But for me, my spring is around the corner.

1 Comments:

  • Right there with ya my friend, winter has been brutal in a lot of places this year. Tuesday here it was 60 and Wednesday we got snow again YUCK over it

    By Blogger Phats, at 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home