Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, June 10, 2004

Much Ado About Nothin

There must be something wrong with me. I'm more interested in the lives of Hollywood than I am about daily news. I mean I still care about the more important matters--the government, the war and any national disasters. If you want to hold my attention, talk about Julia Robert's having twins, the recent J.Lo ceremony.

A few weeks ago, Macaulay Caukin was on Larry King Live. And he talked about pretty much normal agonizing growing pains. His parents split up, his father was horribly strict, he didn't see himself communicating with his father soon, etc..etc... I guess since his life seemed to be fairytale-like, this was pretty shocking to me. But also very interesting. I opted to watch this show rather than the evening news, stapling my ass to the seat.

What does irk me about the media is their lack of tact when it comes to reporting the "news". More than reporting what they really should be reporting, they are reporting the things that will ruin lives. Yes, we all like to hear about quickie divorces on tropical islands and million dollar wedding designs. I don't think we need to hear about the affairs, the rehab stints and the mugshots. It doesn't really prove anything but Hollywoood stars are people.

I'm getting bored with this topic, so I'll stop until another idea pops into my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home