Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Lawsuits

Kobe Bryant's criminal case was dropped. Last year when the news came out that he was charged with allegedly raping someone, I couldn't believe it. I was shocked to my very core. I didn't believe that he would do something like this and I still don't believe that he committed the crime. His only crime was against his wife and family--adultery.

I wonder what people like his accuser think when they press charges like this, assuming that Kobe is 100% innocent. Is dragging someone's life thru the mud as well as putting your own life up for scrutiny really worth all this? Had the victim been raped, than I stand behind her 100% in filing suit. A rapist shouldn't be out there. But if the sex was consensual and then later a suit brought up for monetary reasons, is the money really worth it?

If Kobe is found completely innocent, even in the civil suit, can this girl compensate for the losses he endured, both in his personal life as well as financially (loss of endorsements). Because he can very well turn the suit around and sue her back.

I know that he was wrong for having cheated. And maybe this will teach him some sort of lesson. Hopefully it does. But still, was the whole media circus and publicity worth one night in the sack?
I'm glad that so far it's over. I got tired of hearing about it on CNN, MSNBC and Fox News.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home