Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, August 16, 2004

Past The Point of No Return

I just finished taking the USMLE on Friday. It was quite difficult, however had I studied more, could have been more do-able. I know that you can never study enough for it and everyone told me that I would feel this way. But I know that I should have studied more. I don't know how I feel about the exam, it makes me queasy and nervous even thinking about my performance.

My cousins and I went to see the "Phantom of the Opera" in Baltimore this weekend. It was quite a show. I had listened to the music before since my cousin Sue was such a big fan of "Les Miserables" and "Phantom of the Opera" before. So the music was familiar to me--she played it while we studied all thru undergrad. I don't mind Broadway shows, just cause I can tell it takes a lot of talent to perform in one and put it all together. However, my mind tends to wander somewhere during the course of the show, especially when two characters are singing at the same time, different things, in unison, but telling their own points of view. It gets really confusing, making me feel like I'm hearing conflicting voices in my head. Or was that left over anxiety from my Friday exam? Not sure. Anyway, one of the guys who sat a few rows in front of me, had a really good idea. He broke out a beer and Reese cups. Looked really good, that held my attention for a little while.

So now I study for another step of the USMLE. Will this ever end? I'm sure it will, as soon as I pass all these exams.

Give a yell out for my friend Mondeep who is now continuing her blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home