Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Everythings Going To Be Alright

I was riding my bike this morning, it's suppose to be a sturdy mountain bike, but somewhere on a normal road, the tire flattened. I thought maybe it might just need air, since my overweight body was giving them such a work-out. Used a bike tire to inflate them--to no avail. There was nothing doing with the tire--it remained as flat as the abdomen I dream of having.
So I thought to myself, maybe this is fates way of showing me that I should exercise by walking. And talking to one of my friends who has lived in Florida all his life, except for a brief childhood stint in Beckley, West Virginia, he told me that there are alligators and rattlesnakes all over the place. The two things I dread the most (land animals that is--sharks are a whole new story). Now, how am I suppose to walk down some of those sidewalks adjacent to my neighborhood? Some of the brush that lines those sidewalks are so tall that they make me look like a pygmie (can you belive that someone in my review class actually thought that pygmies were a fictional character?). I'm afraid that I'll accidently run into a hungry alligator or angry rattler.
Anyway, the liquid diet is going well so far. Like I said, I modified it to a shake for breakfast, a rice-cake for a snack, a healthy lunch (which today consisted of pasta) and a shake for dinner. I'm only doing this for the quick effect, after the initial weight comes off, the shakes will be replaced by fruits and vegetables. Maybe I'll just slide into the whole fruit and vegetables as a meal thing eventually. Unlike my dear friend Saint Adeogba (who pulled into a Burger King Drive-thru at the spur of a moment because as she put it, "I crave meat") I don't really like the thought of eating meat. I like it's taste and all, and the things they can do with it. But when it gets right down to it and I realize what I'm eating, I'm completely turned off by it.
Anyway, long story short, about the bike, I know everything is going to be alright. I've spoken to my soul mate Saritha several times this week. Much better than a valium in calming my nerves (and right now they are more wired than an inner city's electrical system), she always seems to let me know, everything is going to be alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home