Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, July 15, 2005

Singing aloud, solitude, and thunderstorms

I made my way down to Florida in the last week. This trip was a vain attempt to get some solitude, which I desperately need in order to study. Driving down was not as bad as I had feared. I actually was able to drive the 14 hours by myself, stopping only to pee, eat and gas up (in that order). Of course, I got so lonely that I was singing out-loud to myself. And not singing any of the cool songs, but old songs. I was reminded of that scene in Tommy Boy (where Chris Farely and David Spade sang the Carpenters at the top of their lungs). Of course I remained safe and didn't use my cell phone while driving--except for when Saritha called, and then I took the next rest area exit and I used my hands free device (thank God for blue-tooth huh--I'll write about this new toy in my life later).
My only frustration about driving down was the trucks on the road--especially at the construction sites. Hello!!! Fines doubled in work areas--these trucks didn't seem to mind this threat. When the speed dropped down to 55 from 70, some of these trucks still barrelled along. One truck nearly pushed me off the road and was going so fast that in the span of 5 minutes, I was no longer able to see it. I took down the number of the truck and all cause I was going to bitch about it here, but what's the point. I already did my venting, no need to drag in any names.
Anyway, my days of solitude are numbered as I've been informed by my parents, I have Canadian relatives travelling down to use this summer home for about a week. So much for getting away. At least my bedroom is in the back of the house and can be shut off from the rest of the home.
By the way Bob Thong and Antonio, when we drill our P.P. clues, I'm sitting on the lanai (an enclosed backyard deck). That was thunder you guys were hearing last night, not a railroad station. I just thought it would be nice to sit outside during a thunderstorm and not worry about getting wet, but get all the effects of being part of nature!!!!
Happy Birthday to my Mom who celebrated her birthday yesterday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home