Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, October 31, 2005

A Final Goodbye

Last week, my uncle passed away. He had done a lot of things with his life, from being a Korean War veteran to raising a beautiful family.
The funeral itself was beautiful, lots of flowers, lots of visitors and a mini-family reunion.
Our family is huge--we had people coming from California, West Virginia, Texas, Canada and Ohio.
These get togethers is much like Peyton Place. We've got the bad seeds, the goody-good seeds and the ones that talk about them both.
My three year old nephew saw my uncle's spirit. He came out of Uncle Joe's bedroom and said, "Uncle Joe gave me a hug and a kiss". We hadn't told him yet of Uncle Joe's passing. He then went on to say, "His arm is fixed now". Which startled my cousin Brandy. You see when Brandy had found Uncle Joe lying in his bed, she pulled on his arm in an attempt to wake him and heard it crack. She didn't tell anyone about this and forgot about it. It wasn't until our nephew said it, that she remembered the event.
Anyway, my uncle rests in peace now and will forever be remembered.

5 Comments:

  • Bless his soul! Wow your nephew saw his spirit?! I totally believe it!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 AM  

  • I know how it feels for a close relative to pass away. I will pray for you and remember your uncle is in a better place !

    Bless him !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 AM  

  • Chilling. I guess that children are most visited because they are least likely to be afraid at the young age and have the most innocence.

    By Blogger ObilonKenobi, at 11:45 AM  

  • That's an incredible story, thanks for directing me to your blog here. Sorry for you loss.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 1:26 PM  

  • That's an amzing story. And, oddly, comforting.

    By Blogger Anhoni Patel, at 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home