Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, December 19, 2005

Derivatives Of 5

Well, true blue guy tagged me. I don't mind being tagged because it helps me to write. Right now, going thru a dry spell, as far as thoughts go. I guess it's because I have to do so much thinking since relatives and friends began to pour into Charleston for the holidays. I'm pooped!
Anyway, the post was about the number 5.

10 years ago....
10 years ago was the first time I spent New Years away from home. I ended up spending it with my cousin Rene and his girlfriend Malou (she's now his wife). We went up to the roof of our building and watched fireworks.

5 years ago...
I spent my second New Years away from Charleston. My buddy Jeumont and I hung out with the surgical department (the residents) who were stuck at the hospital for the holiday. It was quite boring. Hospitals are no fun on New Years Eve.

Last year...
The holidays was fun! It was the year that all my relatives came into Charleston for Christmas and New Years. Got wasted! This is why I don't remember too many details. I do remember however that my Godson Anthony sang, "This Land is Your Land" when asked to sing a song during our family's talent night on Christmas day. Everyone was expecting a Christmas carol, but he belted out that song. He was four at the time.

Yesterday...
My family hosted the prayer for St. Nino (the infant Jesus--Infant of Prague). I lead the prayers, being the oldest child. Of course, my parents ordered more food than necessary. So till Christmas day, when they order more food--we'll be stuffing ourselves with Heavenly Ham stuff, Chinese food and Christmas cookies.

5 Yummy things....
1. Tuna sashimi with more wasabi than necessary.
2. Funyuns
3. Pecan pie
4. boneless buffalo wings at Applebees
5. Ashlee Simpson's cleavage (see Vince's previous posts)

5 Things I Know By Heart
1. The prayer Our Father
2. My family and friend's birthdays
3. The micro organisms that give a patient rashes on the palms and soles
4. Ranson's Criteria for pancreatitis
5. The United States Pledge of Allegiance

5 Things I'd Do If I Had Lots of Money
1. Donate a shitload to St. Jude's Children's Hospital
2. Donate money to the Children's Miracle Network
3. Donate money to the Make A Wish Foundation
4. Create trustfunds for my nephews, nieces and children of my buddies.
5. Have a party and invite the Hoff for Mr. Shifley and Ashlee for Vince, and fly Chairborne Stranger and his buddies back here, even if it were for the day, make sure that Totolehero had a wide range of accounts at various shops (and she woudn't have to feel guilty about shopping).

5 Places to escape to..
I'm thinking this is either places that are real that I have escaped to or that I would like to escape to
1. My childhood bedroom. I think was one of the safest places in the world to be (provided that the closet door was closed or the light in there was on if the door was open). I had Winne-the -Pooh characters on the walls.
2. My Mom's hug
3. I spent 2 months at our summer home in Florida this summer in preparation for my medical boards (which I took on Dec 8th--won't know results for six weeks). I left because I don't like tropical weather and came back to West Virginia, where the weather I think is better.
4. I'd like to have a cabin in the mountains (not sure if this counts as escape or something I would do with money).
5. I would also like to have a yacht to escape to. But I would put it on one of the great lakes, not the ocean because I fear sharks.

5 Things I would never wear...
1. A diaphragm.
2. Anything from Michael Jackson's wardrobe.
3. Gogo boots
4. leather chaps.
5. colored contacts

5 Favorite TV shows
1. Friends
2. Will and Grace
3. South Park
4. Grey's Anatomy
5. Nip/Tuck

5 Things I Enjoy Doing
1. Blogging and reading blogs
2. Playing with my nephews and nieces
3. Reading in general
4. The Sims
5. Driving

23 Comments:

  • I so love reading these!
    My mom's arms; what a dear son you are!:)

    By Blogger Cathy, at 12:27 PM  

  • Children are amazing!

    By Blogger Skye, at 12:27 PM  

  • Nice ! Thanks for posting :-)

    cheers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 PM  

  • Thanks for thinking of me Angel. It would be awesome to have the Hoff come in for a party. And are you looking forward to finding out who the Carver is tomorrow on Nip/Tuck? I am still not sure who it is.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 3:48 PM  

  • As usual your answers are great! You sure know how to light hearts:-) Keep it up!!!
    Your's truly,
    Babette

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  

  • This party is going to epic. Let's shoot for Spring 06.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:04 PM  

  • i always wanted to escape to a cabin in the mountains too...but it would have to have electricity though- thats the only thing..lol

    By Blogger Foxy, at 5:04 PM  

  • Angel, you are so nice, everyone wants to tag you... I like that you can escape to "your mom's hug".
    I love "Friends" and "Grey's Anatomy".

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 7:45 PM  

  • Leather chaps are the BOMB!

    I always thought they were a little... well... you know. Gay! But I find them to be quite liberating and note really gay at all. When you answer the door with them your pizza is always free and the Jehovias Witnesses always stay away.

    By Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle, at 7:55 PM  

  • If I had, like, a billion dollars, I'd put it all into a crazy third party. That would totally mess up Washington!

    Silly Congress!

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 10:01 PM  

  • sims 1 or sims 2?

    I'm back, but modified. seems my blogger editing toolbar has gone into hiding........

    By Blogger mkecurler, at 11:37 PM  

  • NOTHING from Michael Jackson's wardrobe? Come on...not even the old beat it Jacket? Now that was cool. Just gotta be careful to remember which zipper you put your car keys in.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 9:05 AM  

  • or leather chaps for that matter... tut tut tut.

    By Blogger ziggystardust73, at 11:08 AM  

  • You know all your friends' birthdays by heart?? wow.

    dude. Angel you are very charitable!

    come on -- you know you have a pair of chaps...

    By Blogger Anhoni Patel, at 2:58 PM  

  • angel, thanks buddy for bringing me to a party with all those cool cats. lol

    By Blogger Chairborne Stranger, at 3:37 PM  

  • Hope you like your new link button.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 4:28 PM  

  • This was good...may have to borrow it. Come on....you don't ever want to wear leather chaps? What if a snooty girl asked you to?

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 7:00 PM  

  • What, No GoGo Boots? They would go great with some leather chaps.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 8:33 PM  

  • Angel - that was a great post. I was thinking about tagging you...but I didn't do it. You really learn a lot about a person when they do these....I love these things!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 PM  

  • I agree with fuzzbox regarding the gogo boots and chaps. Ha.

    You use pancreitis and organisms in the same post. No doubt you're a doc!

    By Blogger Aud*2020, at 9:34 PM  

  • No gogo boots? How, I totally misread who you were.. ;) Just kidding.

    Fun stuff, I like the surveys.

    By Blogger Luke, at 1:52 PM  

  • Wow, we have lots in common! I also know "The micro organisms that give a patient rashes on the palms and soles" by heart!

    By Blogger missy, at 9:29 AM  

  • Just kidding x

    By Blogger missy, at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home