Shaken Not Stirred

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Christmas has come can gone once again. I remember the anticipation building up to the day, it's always been the same for me since childhood. It's the excitement and the feeling of great things to come. And then the 25th comes--the hours of the day don't seem to last too long and before I know it, it's midnight. The clock strikes twleve and a new day has begun.

It always seemed to short for me. This year I promised myself I would keep that spirit alive--the well wishing and enthusiastic thoughts. And no, I'm not going to keep up the Christmas lights and tree. I'm just going to act like it's still the holiday season. You know, just keep the good feeling going.

I'll blog some more after Jan 1st. I've still got relatives to entertain and friends that have extended their stay till after New Years.

I do miss posting though and reading other posts.

19 Comments:

  • Have fun with your family while they're here. We'll be here waiting when you're ready.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 1:09 PM  

  • Hey Good morning Angel!

    By Blogger Skye, at 1:15 PM  

  • Things do seem blue after all the anticipation has faded, especially on New Years day. I put up Valentines decorations when I take down the Xmas lights so I’ll still have shiny things around.

    By Blogger Josh, at 1:30 PM  

  • Have a great New Year's.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 1:31 PM  

  • I dunno if I could continue the holiday spirit much past today. Good luck with that!

    By Blogger Luke, at 1:54 PM  

  • Live it up and have a Great New Years!

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 5:21 PM  

  • Enjoy your holiday and the New Year, man.

    By Blogger Chairborne Stranger, at 5:28 PM  

  • we'll be waiting! promise!

    By Blogger x, at 5:38 PM  

  • Have a grande time!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:30 PM  

  • Enjoy your family and the holiday spirit.
    Happy After Christmas!

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 8:30 PM  

  • Remember to get one of Hickory Farms' Summer Sausages. They only make them around this time of year, and they are GOOD.

    I'm partial to the honey and brown sugar turkey stick. That's good eatin'.

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 12:51 AM  

  • I missed posting adn reading, too. I am back now!

    By Blogger Cathy, at 9:49 AM  

  • hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays!

    By Blogger Foxy, at 3:03 PM  

  • This year I got swig'd on Ritas and puked in the tub. I hate to say it but the stress in my life, stress of the holidays and celebrating with out the extended family got to me and I crawled into a blender.

    Bad Daddy!

    I need to do better for my daughter. Christmas is for her not me.

    By Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle, at 11:35 PM  

  • Have a good holiday and enjoy yourself !

    I agree that the holidays and the festivals get over all too soon !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:19 AM  

  • Happy New Year's Angel!

    By Blogger Luke, at 3:49 PM  

  • well you atill have just over 24 hours to enter your tree in my contest!

    By Blogger cher, at 7:04 PM  

  • Have fun and HNY. Until you return....

    By Blogger mkecurler, at 10:58 PM  

  • I miss reading what people post more than I miss posting on my blog. I prefer reading than writing and people do more exciting things with their lives!

    By Blogger missy, at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home