Shaken Not Stirred

Friday, December 30, 2005

Who, what, why, when, where and how?

I just had to post a little something.

I've recently been bombarded with some smoke flavored spam! Somehow my email address got sent to tons of "barristars" (is that even a word? I've never heard of it until my recent spam attack). These barristars have been writing me and telling me that they are sorry to inform me of some "ill" news. They have a client who has left me millions of dollars in a will. These clients have all met some tragic, untimely passing. These barristars have searched high and low for me, finally finding me--so that they can now pass on this windfall to me. The catch? Give them my bank account number and access to it--thereby allowing them to deposit the MILLIONS into my account?

Have these barristars been smoking spam or the tin that preserves it? I'm certainly not giving them my account number, or a blank cheque (that's how some of them spell it), or a finders fee. And to boot, these barristars are from a part of the world that I know my ancestors have never traveled to, except via the Travel channel (curtesy of Direct TV).

It's not only one barristar that is writing me, but several. And none of these deceased relatives have a last name, slightly bearing my surname crest (do Filipino descendents have a crest? or is that just the Scottish?). And I tell you, I get at least one spam contact from them daily. Maybe I should check it out--and if I do inherit millions, will have that party on a yacht I always dreamed of having.

Tune in next week to see if I have any unknown relatives show up at my door.

26 Comments:

  • If you have any sort of spam filter, use it now. Otherwise, get an e-mail service that works.

    These barristars are EVIL!!!!!!

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 12:37 PM  

  • All these barristers (an English term for laywer - related to appearring before the bar) come from South Africa too, don't they? I'm getting them, too. That and I've won some South African lottery for millions and millions, which is a really neat trick since I haven't ever bought a ticket for a South African lottery.

    They all want to deposit a cheque (again, English spelling) in my bank account too.

    It's all just another Spam scam, probably from Nigeria.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 12:41 PM  

  • Damn phishing spammers. Damn them to hell. The Nigerian scammers just keep on scamming.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 1:24 PM  

  • Maybe they want you to smoke with them. Just kidding.

    Have a safe new year

    By Blogger Sass, at 1:49 PM  

  • Ha! I get the emails from African saying a relative from there needs my help entering the states and I have to deposit money into an account for him. Greta blog you ahev here. ;-)

    By Blogger Chipper, at 2:24 PM  

  • thanks for the comment on my blog - good luck finishing the novels - do you find my style difficult? how often do you have reread and figure out what i mean?

    By Blogger Kyle Foley, at 4:30 PM  

  • If you give ME your bank account number, I promise I WON'T deposit money in it!
    And your ss # and credit card numbers and anything else you might want to add, I don't mind!

    :)

    By Blogger Tai, at 5:23 PM  

  • A barrister is a lawyer. This is how they are referred to in England.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 5:29 PM  

  • This reminds me of the time when we got sucked into that classmates site..."Congratulations you're just one click away!" Hey there are plenty of dumb bastards, Susie. The ones who steal the info will get their dues no?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 PM  

  • If you do end up giving them your bank account info.. send it to me too! I have some money with your name on it. ;)

    I used to get a lot of this same spam, but my filters catch it and I am FREE!

    By Blogger Luke, at 9:20 PM  

  • Angel, Just in case it's not bogus, you will remember all us little people, won't you?...

    By Blogger Cathy, at 11:26 PM  

  • i keep getting spam from some "fbi" people asking me to download some attachment....uhhh ya, right. i'll go download that right now. see? your laptop would be in great hands with me!! lol!

    By Blogger cher, at 12:27 AM  

  • No barristers for me, but evidently I have a small penis because I have been receiving a lot of e-mail about how I can make my wang bigger.
    Happy New Year.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 4:09 AM  

  • And a Damned new year to spammers

    By Blogger x, at 5:46 AM  

  • Let me know, I will be at your party on the yacht....sounds fun!
    Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 5:30 PM  

  • happy new year, bud!

    By Blogger Chairborne Stranger, at 7:57 PM  

  • That is crazy, Angel!! Hey, if you do get that money, see if they ever found out what happened to my 'long lost uncle'!! Awesome post as usual.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 AM  

  • What the spammers need to do now is write about a success story.
    Mr. XYZ gave his account number and now he is a millionaire.
    Makes it so credible ;-)

    By Blogger Wriju, at 3:38 PM  

  • happy new year angel. :)

    By Blogger Foxy, at 5:55 PM  

  • Filipinos have family crests, those with Spanish surnames do for sure.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 7:23 PM  

  • That’s annoying. My recent spam hitters are the “we have the perfect stock for you to buy”, or some crap like that. Wonder how many times people actually bite.

    By Blogger Josh, at 7:49 PM  

  • Happy New Year Angel!

    By Blogger mkecurler, at 10:28 PM  

  • Do not answer those emails...don't even open any more of them...They might plan cookies in your computer. It's all a scam. I get stuff from Ebay and Paypal asking for all kinds of information too. I wrote ebay at their help line and they said it was a scam and not to give out any information. I even got one from someone claiming to be and FBI agent with important news. I called the FBI and they said it was a fake. They were checking it out. It's amazing what they try to pull over your eyes. Good lucy!

    By Blogger Lucy Stern, at 10:56 PM  

  • Nigeria is falling apart.

    By Blogger Anhoni Patel, at 1:59 AM  

  • But Angel, I thought you loved spam?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

  • Can you block spams?

    By Blogger missy, at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home