Shaken Not Stirred

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Just An Observation

I did some grocery shopping today. Here is a list of things I bought:

4 Totino's Cheese Pizzas--they were four for $5. Who doesn't like a bargain?
12 packs of Ramen Noodles--six for ninety cents--bargain!!!
2 packs of ready to serve Rice Pilaf
2 packs of ready to serve Jambalaya rice
12 pack of Cornona light
a Lean cuisine cheese pizza (to undo the bad of the four Totino's pizzas)
2 Lean Gourmet Shrimp with Pasta
1 Lean Cuisine 3 Cheese stuffed rigatoni
1 Lasagna Alfredo
1 Mac and Cheese
1 Fetuccini alfredo
A Brita dispenser--cause my fridge water has been tasting funny lately
A pack of Reach floss thingamajigs for my Reach floss handle thing
2 packs of rainforest scented incense
A Cross pen refill

Anyway, at the check-out counter, the check-out chick kept smiling under her breath. When she finished swiping everything, she smiled again at me with what appeared to be a knowing smirk. I smiled back and asked if I had food in my teeth or pen/highlighter marks on my face (spent a day in front of my review books).

She replied, "No, I just like the way bachelor's shop".

I gave her a look which prompted this response from her, "Just an observation. Aren't you?".

I told her for the time being I was and then made a comment about Mulan coming to visit and that I would be eating better when she came. Why I was covering for myself I don't know. Truth be told, I like being alone during this stressful time in my life.

I then had to bite my tongue to keep from saying my own observations. I wanted to say "You really need to stop Supersizing your value meals". Just an observation because she couldn't tie the back of her apron together.But I'm not mean spirited like that.I don't even know why I thought something so rude. I smiled and told her to have a good night.

She said, "See you when you run out of pizzas. Have a good night".

In retrospect, I don't think it was the food items that told her I spend my nights alone. It was probably the floss and incense.

Dammit! Coronas and no limes. Maybe my neighbors will have limes. They provided the Coronas last time and they had more than a few limes. I knew I forgot something.

26 Comments:

  • haha definitely a bachelor's shopping list. good thing mulan's coming :).

    By Blogger j, at 10:06 PM  

  • now i'm hungry..;) maybe that was her way of hitting on you- u should of gone back for the limes...lol

    By Blogger Foxy, at 10:35 PM  

  • I know a good shortcut recipe for adobo if you ever feel like cooking (instead of microwaving)...

    By Blogger JJ, at 10:47 PM  

  • I thought I was bad - you are way worse :-D

    the totinos are a cool deal ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:32 AM  

  • I love ramen noodles even if they're not the healthiest things!

    I wonder if they can tell if I'm single from looking at my grocery items?

    By Blogger missy, at 2:51 AM  

  • I like your shopping list ... it all sounds quite yummy. When I don't have to cook for Chicky and Hubby, I love "bachelor" type foods. Nothing wrong with that !!! You probably need a block or two of chocolate, though ... gotta get in those dairy products !!. Seems to be missing from the list !! Enjoy, take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 5:20 AM  

  • So I take it that nosy obese cashiers are on your list.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 9:17 AM  

  • sooooo.. mulan's coming for a visit huh ??

    i think you should make your moves.....grab her while you can... know what i mean ??

    you don't want to stay a bachlor forever dude !!!

    By Blogger madame P, at 10:20 AM  

  • Wow! All I need to do is print out your blogpage and use it as my shopping list...

    Except it is soooo hard to find Totino's Party Pizza out here...and Jeno's are not the same...so it entails a trip to super K mart in OC to get em...so they end up costing $5 each!
    but soooo worth it...

    I hope you bake 'em directly on the oven wire...I am coming over for lunch!

    By Blogger LBseahag, at 12:03 PM  

  • This post makes me feel a little less guilty for my previous indulgences. Back when I was holed up in that village, I had a thing for cheesecakes and Vanity Fair..don't ask! Must have been the loneliness/hormonal imbalance:-( The checkout girl smiled--maybe she understood?!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 PM  

  • I was hoping she would of at least been cute..been sounds like a "fattie"..haha..

    Mind if I stop by for dinner?

    By Blogger eyes_only4him, at 12:49 PM  

  • cashiers. who needs 'em.

    By Blogger rabsteen, at 3:28 PM  

  • No sweetie, it was the meager quick food options that cued her in.

    Where's the fresh fruit and veggies? Mulan! Save this man from eternal constipation! The cheese! The cheese!

    By Blogger Sweet Tea, at 4:19 PM  

  • very Italian...

    By Blogger Cathy, at 5:58 PM  

  • you think you're just so funny, dontcha? So brilliant, so tactful with all your observations. Go look yourself in the mirror and ask why people even like you. Then write that.

    PS. what's up with that comment right above????

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 AM  

  • Yes that is definitely a single man's list. I am amazed at the stuff Mrs. Shife has me eating now. Wait until you get to go to the store and buy tampons.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 10:56 AM  

  • ...Wow...you do like your carbs dont you? I also went grocery shopping this weekend, but mine consisted of:

    Apples, green peppers, carrots, celery, lettuce, cucumber, chicken, italian bread, gingerale, green beans and youghurt..oh ya, and garlic.

    By Blogger Princess Pessimism, at 11:32 AM  

  • Angel,

    No need to explain bachelorhood, it is the best state to be in (besides denial) when you don't need funds. You can do things you want to do when you want to do without having to convince anyone else that it is a good idea to do.

    Pizza is a good thing. Even if it may not be good for you. You can't go wrong if you serve pizza for dinner.

    *grin* Then again, you could start experimenting with food like I am.

    And she was definitely flirting.

    By Blogger Grant, at 1:05 PM  

  • I still did stuff like that up until a last year since we had my husbands two single brothers living with us. It was the only way to keep them from eating us out of house and home. They would only eat easy made things like totinos pizza, popcorn and ramen soup, and if I didn't get them, then they would start eating into my food that was rationed out for meals. I still love those pizza's and rolls.

    By Blogger Drywall Mom, at 3:38 PM  

  • Should have invited her over for some vigourous exercise if you know what I mean. Help her lose some LBs.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 5:09 PM  

  • The same thing keeps happening to me. Why am I so great?!

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 11:32 PM  

  • Dude! That was hilarious! You got outed by the check out chick. She's got you pegged.

    LOL LOL lOL!

    By Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle, at 9:14 AM  

  • Dude! That was hilarious! You got outed by the check out chick. She's got you pegged.

    LOL LOL lOL!

    By Blogger Greg - Cowboy in the Jungle, at 9:14 AM  

  • Heh heh...I'm in no way or shape a bachelor and your shopping basket looks just like mine!

    By Blogger Spider Girl, at 6:28 PM  

  • Yum shrimp & pasta, what a winning combo! You def. have some good eats!

    By Blogger Cari, at 8:05 AM  

  • You can't have coronas without lime. When I was in mexico.. they were 99 cents each. So cheap!

    I love your list of groceries. I'm bad, as well.

    By Blogger Luke, at 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home