Shaken Not Stirred

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Yo-De-Le-He-Hoo

I was stuck on the treadmill and too lazy to stop my exercise (there's a juxtaposition huh) to change the channel. And it's not like I minded that the channel was on Megan Mullally's new talk show. I loved her as drunken-pill popping modern Valley of the Dolls Karen Walker on Will and Grace. In fact I loved the banter/adventures of Karen and Jack and felt the show should be called "Jack and Karen".

Anyway, since I was pretty much done with the gym provided magazine Jane,there was absolutely nothing to read between the front and back cover, I watched her talk show. She had a variety of guests--from a Desperate housewife to some zookeeper that brought in animals. Why do they always bring in a snake? I've never seen a talkshow with zookeeper guests, who didn't bring in snakes. Anyhoo, one special guest was the champion yodler or yeller or something like that from his hometown. He wowed or embarassed himself (whichever way you looked at it) on national television. This man yoddled for everyone, teaching us how to call for help or when thirsty. I don't know about most people, but when I'm thirsty I fetch my own water gosh darnit!! Was this man really that proud of his "talent" and yes it's in quotes, cause is it really a talent?

The things people will do for their five minutes of fame. In his case--3 minutes. It was somewhat extended cause I just wrote a post about it.

10 Comments:

  • loved how you used Valley of the Dolls in the decription...great mind!

    you read Jane??? heh heh

    By Blogger LBseahag, at 7:27 AM  

  • Anyhoo?

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 11:53 AM  

  • I hate some days you go to the gym and you have something good to read and there is good stuff on TV. And other times all the channels are on bullshit channels and the only magazine there is one which is supposed to look like a magazine but is actually just one big ad for some protien drink.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 7:04 PM  

  • too lazy while working out to go change the channel!? LMAO!

    bet you have a great ass :)

    m

    By Blogger mollymcmo, at 7:57 PM  

  • I wish that I could yodel... that would be such a great party trick.

    Scott

    By Blogger Scott, at 3:05 PM  

  • The funny thing is if fame brings in the dollars than I might just go that extra mile if you know what I mean lol ;)

    Gretta (yodelling)

    By Blogger Gretta James, at 5:17 PM  

  • You are easily the 100th person I have heard say the show should have been caleld Jack and Karen. And I had no idea she had a show, either. And I thought I knew my dayimte TV.

    By Blogger White Dade, at 6:05 PM  

  • The ratings for her show are pretty good, plus NBC loves her. She'll be around for awhile. I think she should hold back on the W & G guests, though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 AM  

  • Hey Angel, thanks for the postcard. I really need to scan and post all the new ones I have (a heap), and put them on my postcard blog. Thanks again, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 7:07 AM  

  • Are you sure you shouldn't have put, 3 minutes of shame?

    By Blogger Drywall Mom, at 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home