Shaken Not Stirred

Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Gym Part Deux

Okay, a few days later at the gym, more shenanagans.

First off, I went to the stair-stepper where I start my work-out. Some guy had just hopped off it (he used the one at the end which the same one I like. I don't like being boxed in). When I stepped on, the handle things were slippery with his sweat. The whole dashboard was covered with sweat. It literally looked like all fluids from within him splased out all over the machine. I stepped off and used the one beside it. Why don't people ever wipe down the machines they use?

Five minutes into my workout, a familiar chick stepped on the sweat drenched machine. I think her name was Nancy. She noticed all the wet stuff and said to me that someone spilled their water onto the machine. She then started using her own face towel to wipe everything down. Why on earth would you use your towel to clean off a machine. She then started her workout, all the while speaking to me. I usually don't like being spoken to while I'm working out--to me it's like being at the urinal: speaking causes some sort of performance stage fright. But it was Nancy and she is a female and so permitted to speak. But did I really have a choice?

No sooner had she started her workout then a bunch of college aged students come into work out. There was a group of about five and then a loner sort of guy. The group peons did everything to annoy one another, short of pancing one another. The loner guy worked out and then started practicing his karate/judo cadas in one of the mirrors. The five peons started mocking him. Nancy started wiping her face with the sweat of the messy workout strager while watching the cada-dancing loner guy.

She said, "He is going to be really good looking when he grows into his own".

I had to agree. Cada loner guy had that awkward stage look about him. Judging by the size of his bookbag, he probably was a brain too. This added to his awkward nerd image. But he certainly was pretty good looking.

Now covered in some stanger's sweat, Nancy said something like, "If I was in college I would be all over him". This statement got my attention.

I looked at 45 year old, botox pumped Nancy. She had perfectly manicured nails, her hair and boobs did not move as she bounced up and down on the stair-stepper. Heck, her pores were so deadened by the botox injections that she didn't even break a sweat, nor could she make a work-out face. All I could think was "Dear Lord Nancy, please don't be the first women this poor soul touches. Let him know the nice feeling of the natural fat under neath normal mammary glands. Let him kiss lips that don't have collagen pumped into them. Let the nails that first dig into his back be the keratinized sheddings of a human body and not porcelain covered crap from a salon". Just let it be a normal girl.

I don't think Nancy has ever been with a nerd. She was most cetainly a head cheerleader in high school. I'm sure she was either president or vice-president of her sorority in college. And she married exremely well judging by the rock on her finger and the stones which surrounded her wrist, were embedded in her ears, and also dangled from her neck. Plus she didn't smell like spray on perfume, but the dabbed on kind.

I was talking to my friend Sarah sometime later that day. I asked her about nerds and their turn-on ability. She said it was their sense of innocence that was intriguing, the awkwardness they had that could be sexy on the right man. I don't get it. I always thought chicks were turned on by the five peons who spent more time laughing and high fiving each other in the gym, then the booksmart guy. Maybe there is hope for someone like me.

Happy Holidays Folks!!

21 Comments:

  • Happy Holidays, hope you have a good and safe one :)

    By Blogger Phats, at 2:12 AM  

  • Happy Holidays to you and the gym rats!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:29 PM  

  • You're thinking too much at the gym big guy. Here's hoping you have a Merry Christmas.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 AM  

  • Back to blogging for a bit just to say, "Happy Holidays!!" to you my dear friend :-)

    love,
    missy xx

    PS. Any cool pressies? ;-)

    PPS. I got your care package you lovely, lovely thing!! xxxx I'll write a post about it, promise!!

    By Blogger missy, at 7:20 AM  

  • My boyfriend is a nerd...computer science geek. He is the sexiest man I know!

    Merry Christmas!
    Have a safe and joyful holiday!
    Love,
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 12:41 PM  

  • I've truly no idea, angel. But "Every love is good lovin'" says some old 70s song... so maybe you should take it where you can find it.

    Anyways, Merry Christmas, angel! I hope you are spending today with those you love, and those that love you.

    May the New Year bring you enough challenges to keep you sharp, and enough peace to so you can enjoy the challenges.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 PM  

  • Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 AM  

  • Women say they like brains, but always have sex with the brawns.

    Oh well. Merry Christmas.

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 11:06 PM  

  • Nice story! Happy Xmas mate.

    By Blogger Dr Vegas, at 9:20 AM  

  • happy holidays angel! i hope your christmas was wonderful!!

    and btw...being confident is sexy in a man...

    By Blogger Cari, at 9:33 PM  

  • I would have to say that from my experience, I have never really wanted to go out with a guy that was considered the "popular guy". I always saw them as self absorbed and not very generous with their feelings. I didn't just go for a nerd either, though a little bit of dorkiness has to be in there b/c I am like that.

    If I can give you the best piece of advice out there here it is....

    Women are too complicated. I know b/c I'm one of them. When you stop looking for her, that is when she will come along. Best advice ever given to me. It worked for me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM  

  • Hi angel! Happy new year!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:23 PM  

  • That Nancy sounds like a Milf, you should hit that.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 12:46 PM  

  • It just seems kind of sad when people refuse to age gracefully. I have earned my touch of gray.

    By Blogger :P fuzzbox, at 10:34 PM  

  • You nerd.

    By Blogger Gyrobo, at 2:22 PM  

  • Happy New Year Angel!
    ~xo
    Lee Ann

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 3:19 PM  

  • Happy New Year Angel.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:04 PM  

  • you make me want to workout. not!

    happy new year!

    By Blogger LBseahag, at 6:23 PM  

  • Happy New Year Sweetie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:00 PM  

  • DAMn I missed you and your MUSINGS angel!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:06 PM  

  • Hi, stumbled across your blog.. I tried reading this post but I just couldn't get pass Nancy wiping her face with the towel bit.. totally grossed me out.. :) See thats why I dont go to the gym anymore. OK that and I am lazier now than I have ever been.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home