Shaken Not Stirred

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Disappearing Toast

A few minutes ago, I felt like having a peanut butter sandwich (on wheat). I've been trying to eat small meals spaced evenly apart as a way of getting fit. One snack which my cousin (who's really into the ABS diet) recommended is peanut butter. So I toasted one slice of wheat and waited for it to pop up. While reading some pediatrics, I heard the toaster, but waited a few minutes before retrieving my toast.

When I got to the kitchen, there was nothing in the toaster. There was nothing on the counter or even on the floor. I was baffled. The toast had fallen between the counter and the fridge (that tiny little space). I have no idea how. I had to use one of those Swifter extensor things to fetch it. Pretty cool that it shot out at an angle that allowed it to go between the fridge and the counter. Just to let you guys know how precise the angle had to be for the toast to shoot up, I measured the space between the counter and fridge--just a tad over 3/8 inches. Cool huh? I remember having to angle things in physics class, but that was in an open lab room.

Anyway, thought I would share that with you!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!
And by the way Lee Ann was the first to say HVD to me, so I'm splitting my peanut butter sandwich with her!!

6 Comments:

  • Damn my blood sugar is low too! HVD Angel! I have a date with Rosy and her 4 sisters....

    Oh sorry..That INDEED was TMI wasn't it?

    By Blogger twolf1920, at 4:23 PM  

  • The obvious answer is that it was a devilish Valentines cupid.

    Steve~

    By Blogger Steven, at 5:02 PM  

  • Angel ~ Thank you so much, I am honored to be able to share your peanut butter sandwich!
    ...and another fun fact....I was at the gym today, and you came to mind! I am actually starting to get sick, so I thought I would try what you did and ignore it. So I went to the gym. While I was on the treadmill, I was thinking, "that Angel...must be much more strong willed than I...because I could barely go 30 minutes". Think I will try to rest a little tonight (maybe it won't get any worse).
    Have a great night!
    ~xo

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 7:17 PM  

  • PB on toast w/banana!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 PM  

  • Do I get anything for not wishing you a HVD?

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 3:40 PM  

  • I love it when stuff like that happens. So you lost some toast, at least you had some blogging material and I bet it made you smile.

    By Blogger huwhat, at 12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home