Shaken Not Stirred

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Our Future

Aaron from Outdoor Living wrote an awesome post about the things that make him smile. In in and I quote he said "The way a small child catches your eye and when they notice you looking at them, they wave" was one of the things that made him smile.

I have always felt that children are our best assets to a better future. This is the very reason that I've always held teachers in high regard. They have the ability to form the backbone of our tomorrow. They have the ability to create the desire for our children to reach for the stars, to bring those stars down to our level and let us bask in the glow of it's light.

Whenever a child catches my attention, I've always made sure to smile back. A smile is contagious and gets passed on from person to another quite quickly.

The image that Aaron gave me with that post...now that made me smile.

8 Comments:

  • I love children...lord knows I do. But he also knows I wanted to hang my nephew by his ankles last night! :o)

    By Blogger Lindsey, at 7:35 PM  

  • What about the kid that flicks a gooey booger when he looks at you? Should you flick back?

    By Blogger Jay Noel, at 10:47 PM  

  • I like to stick my tongue out at babies and children when their parents are not looking. The child starts laughing at me, and then the parent cannot figure out why. Children encompass so much of what is right and good; they're good reminders to us of what is important.

    By Blogger Ally, at 12:05 AM  

  • kids make everything better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 AM  

  • I always try to stick my tongue out a kids when there parents are not looking.

    By Blogger Big Ben, at 11:23 AM  

  • Very insightful post Angel, and a good reminder when we do see the little ones.

    By Blogger Mr. Shife, at 2:20 PM  

  • I owe a lot to my teachers from all schools. Especially certain ones from high school. Indeed a smile makes the world a better place!

    By Blogger The Egg, at 6:17 PM  

  • I didn't think it was that insightful of a post, but I appreciate the quote. :)

    By Blogger Aaron, at 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home