Shaken Not Stirred

Monday, June 25, 2007

Thunderstorms And Shadows

There was a mini thunderstorm here today. I don't know what it is about thunderstorms that turns me into a small quivering child. A whimpering, wanting to hide under the covers four year old.

It brought back flashes of growing up, our house being in front of a huge forest and looking out the back window and seeing the mangled shapes of these trees against the dark purple backdrop of the sky. I remember my imagination running wild with thoughts of Bigfoot emerging and breaking down the back French doors and eating my siblings and I.

Anyway, the short thunderstorm gave me an excuse to put down my First Aid book and turn on the television, pop in the Jackass the Movie DVD and laugh. And it worked. No bad thoughts. Only good ones.

14 Comments:

  • i know the feeling you describe. i was convinced someone lived in my closet as a child and it scared the pants off me nightly. not to mention the creepy things under the bed that would grab my feet if i came closer than 3 feet of my bed without just jumping onto it.

    By Blogger cher, at 6:51 PM  

  • what?! i love thunderstorms. the louder the better. it's about the one thing i'm not scared of.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 PM  

  • Oooh, I love thunderstorms. I enjoy being outside in them (although under cover !!). There's something so primitive about a thunderstorm.
    But, watching a Jackass movie is heaps of fun ... what on earth possesses those guys to do that stuff !!
    Take care, Meow

    By Blogger Meow (aka Connie), at 7:14 AM  

  • Wuss. :P

    By Blogger Aaron, at 7:20 AM  

  • I more afraid of those Jackass guys than I am of a thunderstorm.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  

  • Nature is awesome and jackas is pretty damn funny.

    By Blogger Rocketstar, at 2:06 PM  

  • I love thinder storms. My sisiter was married on a mountain top. The day after the wedding there was a thunder storm--it felt like you were sitting inside the thunderclap when it went off! So cool.

    By Blogger blackcrag, at 2:54 PM  

  • I have a love hate relationship with with thunderstorms. I like and I don't. I guess it depends on the storm.

    By Blogger Drywall Mom, at 9:36 AM  

  • I am terribly afraid of thunderstorms too.
    I agree, a really funny dvd is appropriate during that time.

    By Blogger Lee Ann, at 1:13 PM  

  • Hi Junj, I'm tagging you for this Six Weird Things About Me game going on. ;-) Up to you though...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:28 PM  

  • I used to love thunderstorms, then a tornado hit our house, and now they freak me a little too, I immediately turn on the weather channel and see if there are any warnings. I never took those seriously at all. Now when our town siren goes off I freak out like you did! :)

    By Blogger Phats, at 10:45 PM  

  • I knew those movies were good for something.

    By Blogger Chick, at 11:47 PM  

  • I love thunderstorms, except when there is hail involved.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 AM  

  • Seeing lightning during a storm freaks me out. I'm more freaked out about the lightning than the thunder.

    By Blogger Trixie, at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home